Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Light and Knife photo thread

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    New EDC

Hinderer designed 0561.
    I have one of those. A big beast, but very well made.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

EDC Light and Knife photo thread

Definitely is! It's surprisingly light though. And doesn't stand out too much when in the pocket.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Definitely is! It's surprisingly light though. And doesn't stand out too much when in the pocket.
    Yup, the titanium is most welcome for weight reduction.

I have been debating ordering one of the ZT carbon fiber handles, and putting that on it, to shave the weight a slight bit more. Plus, I honestly like the look of CF handles better.

I have one of the old Spyderco Military BG-42 carbon fiber folders, and the thing weighs nothing. It's sharp as a razor, too. I'd love to see Spyderco come out with a sprint run Paramilitary 2 with CF handles and a Elmax or CHP blade. I'd give Sal a pretty penny for that.

Next week the new auto knife law goes into effect here in Texas, so I'll probably pick up an auto to play with. That will soak up the knife budget for a while.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Surefire L2 - Older light, but I find the "wide spot" beam pattern quite versatile.
    Spyderco Superleaf - An under rated model in my opinion. 4mm thick blade, a heavy duty compression lock, screw together construction, a nice fit in my hand and under $100 delivered to the door keeps this one in my edc rotation.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Manix 2 and Stramlight ProTac 2L

The knife- Spyderco Manix 2. I really like the way the handle interfaces with the blade of a Barong and the Manix 2 seems similar. I picked it up this year and have EDC'd it for about 3 months and really like it so far. Real solid knife. I changed the pocket clip on it and no other mods. I have a full size BM Onslaught that I like even more than the Manix 2, but it only comes for right handed draw and I really jacked up the port side grip when I tried to DIY a port side pocket clip. Please PM me if you are or know someone that is competent with knife repairs (I think a bladesmith is more of a knife creator unlike a gunsmith who is more of a gun fixer.)
    The light- Streamlight ProTac 2L. I have EDC'd this thing for about 3 years. Keep the batteries fresh and it works. Real bright, real reliable, real simple. It seems like know one likes Streamlight products and I don't know why. I have used 5 different models of their lights and have had great luck with 4 of them. I don't know what is wrong with the Stingers but stay away IMO, besides to big for EDC. The bright side of it being a Streamlight is everyone is impressed when they see the beam, they ask to see it, see the brand name, discreetly turn their noses up, and return it to me. At least no one ever steals it.
    Last edited by 220Eric; 08-27-13 at 03:29. Reason: adding photo in post

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, the titanium is most welcome for weight reduction.

I have been debating ordering one of the ZT carbon fiber handles, and putting that on it, to shave the weight a slight bit more. Plus, I honestly like the look of CF handles better.

I have one of the old Spyderco Military BG-42 carbon fiber folders, and the thing weighs nothing. It's sharp as a razor, too. I'd love to see Spyderco come out with a sprint run Paramilitary 2 with CF handles and a Elmax or CHP blade. I'd give Sal a pretty penny for that.

Next week the new auto knife law goes into effect here in Texas, so I'll probably pick up an auto to play with. That will soak up the knife budget for a while.
    I'm looking at doing the same. Do you have a good source for aftermarket handles?

Speaking of light, I've been eyeing the Southard Flipper...I think that'll be my next knife.

I had a microtech ultratech a while back, definitely a whole different animal. And a lot of fun.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up a ZT0300st from a friend. Love this thing. The light is an Elzetta ZFL-M60 2 cell

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
    Just picked up a ZT0300st from a friend. Love this thing. The light is an Elzetta ZFL-M60 2 cell

I have one as well. Only complaint is that its a little wide and gets in the way when I'm trying to get my keys out of my pocket.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejackets92fs View Post
    I have one as well. Only complaint is that its a little wide and gets in the way when I'm trying to get my keys out of my pocket.
    I've started carrying mine in my back pocket. Still easy to get to but its out of the way. I've wanted a ZT for years. Couldn't pass this one up when it was offered to me practically new for $150

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
    I've started carrying mine in my back pocket. Still easy to get to but its out of the way. I've wanted a ZT for years. Couldn't pass this one up when it was offered to me practically new for $150
    I just started carrying my Tough Talon because it's slimmer. I will post a pic when I'm not on my phone.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast