Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Light & Accurate Patrol Rifle build in the works....

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

New Light & Accurate Patrol Rifle build in the works....

I just ordered the first piece of the puzzle for my new Lightweight/Precision Patrol rifle upper.

I placed my order directly thru Noveske today for one of their 16" Lightweight/Midlength Stainless Steel barrels: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...since=&status=

I already have a BattleComp 2.0 and a Troy rear flip-up sight that will be mounted on this upper.

Here are the rest of the parts I plan to purchase over the next few weeks to finish this build....

*LaRue Stealth M4 upper receiver: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LaRue...t-007%20m4.htm

*Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. 13.8" Handguard: http://shopwilsoncombat.com/TRIM-Tac...R%2DTRIM%2D14/

*WMD Guns NiB-X Bolt carrier group: http://www.wmdguns.com/store/cart.cf...0&productid=66

*BCM GunFighter Mod4 Charging Handle (Of course!): http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-G...%204%20556.htm

*KAC Micro flip-up front sight: http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/inde...products_id=80

Once the upper is complete I am mounting my Trijicon TR24G 1-4x w/Green triangle reticle.

I am really liking the looks of the new Wilson "T.R.I.M. handguard system. I have read a couple of positive reviews on it on other forums, but nothing here on M4C yet. I am gonna save the handguard decision for last until I hear some more feedback on this system. I am also considering the new Troy "Alpha" since I have been running the original Troy/VTAC BattleRail systems since they hit the market.

I can't wait to get this upper finished and get it out to my range to get it zeroed!
    Last edited by nickdrak; 10-11-11 at 20:07.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    Interesting choice on the BCG. I am going to look into those some

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I am also interested in the TRIM rail. Let me know how it compares to the VTAC extreme battle rail. I would like to see some side by side comparisons of the TRIM and VTAC. I hope you will post some pics when you complete your build.

Feedback Score
    Hey Nick do you have to fund this out of pocket? or does your dept. help you?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks like you are building one heck of a frankengun!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It is all out-of-pocket for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any particular reason you're choosing the LaRue upper receiver? Does it only fit their lowers? If not, you could save a little scratch there.
    Last edited by MookNW; 10-11-11 at 00:02.
    "After extensive research, I picked this rifle because it came with bullets"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    Any particular reason you're choosing the LaRue upper receiver? Does it only fit their lowers? If not, you could save a little scratch there.
    With this build I am looking to put together an ideal compromise between weight & precision. From my personal experience the LaRue upper fits this perfectly. While I know the LaRue upper isn't going to make a measurable difference in accuracy, I do appreciate the top notch quality control and precision machining that LaRue puts into their parts.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I can't really figure out the purpose of this thread.
    Doesn't really look like you are asking for input, but since you threw it out there, I'll go ahead and throw in 2 cents worth:

If precision was my primary requirement I would look at something different as far as optics go.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I can't really figure out the purpose of this thread.
    It seems to go along pretty well with just about every other thread posted here in the "Custom Build" forum. I will post pics and range results after the upper is complete.

Doesn't really look like you are asking for input, but since you threw it out there, I'll go ahead and throw in 2 cents worth:
    I am open to input, and am specifically looking for more feedback on the Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. handguard system.

If precision was my primary requirement I would look at something different as far as optics go.
    I agree and will concede that the term "Precision" wasn't the best choice to describe this build as precision accuracy isn't my primary goal for this upper. This is going to be an upper made up of premium parts with the goal of building a reasonably lightweight and exceptionally accurate patrol rifle for work, not a sniper rifle. I have had the TR24G for 2 years now and am very happy with its ability in the role of patrol rifle optic.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 10-11-11 at 19:46.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast