Thread: new build getting started

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

new build getting started

This is going to be my first full custom build. I have an order on the way from BCM,And some parts coming from members of this forum.

What I have so far, spikes pirate lower(I know I know, but my wife bought it for me. I came home one day and it was sitting wrapped on my chair. She was so excited about it that I couldn't bring myself to tell her it was not something I would have bought.but she is a great women) with a magpul UBR.

On the way from BCM-
    VLTOR MUR-1A,
    BCM 14.5" mid length assembly,
    BCM M16 BCG,
    BCM gun fighter charging handle Large latch,
    Magpul RSA,
    Magpul MS3,
    magpul BAD,
    DD front and rear buis,(coming from a member)
    Magpul miad,(coming from member)
    Magpul MOE trigger guard,(coming from member)
    Battle comp 1.5,(coming from member)

Things I still need- unfortunately everybody is out of stock, on everything I'm looking for.
    DD Lpk,(I have been really wanting a Wilson combat TTU, but haven't finished my research)
    Gear sector VFG,
    Aimpoint T-1 or M4/s,
    Troy ind 15" or 13" trx extreme battle rail(It's been hard to find one. That's what I really want, but am also considering a larue 13" or a DD 14")

Why these parts? Well for one, it's all top of the line stuff. I want to build my "dream" AR, and I want it to be high quality.2- because this is my "dream" AR I want it to look koool . So some of the parts are unnecessary, like the 15" rail,instead of a 10" rail, battle comp, instead of a flash hider, ect. So it may not be the most practical rifle but it will be what I want. And as long as It's reliable that's all that matters.

I will get pic's up, and a progress report going as soon as I get the parts in.
    Thanks
    Last edited by nobody knows; 02-28-12 at 00:12.