Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first rifle

Feedback Score
    Stark grip has the trigger guard as part of the grip. I like the grip overall. It is very ergonomic to me, and has a 2x CR123 holder in the rubber cap in the bottom. It is best with gloves on (size large gloves/hands), but it is a little long with bare hands. The grip texture is fine, and is not overly aggressive at all (bare hands).

My only gripe is that I would like it to be more low profile on the back of the grip up high where it follows the contour of the reciever (think Magpul MAID sized) as I think it would allow better/quicker access to the safety, especially when trying to put the rifle back to safe. I have to break grip almost completely to get my thumb forward enough to pull the safety toggle back.

Overall I like the grip well. I would try one before you buy though, if you have smaller hands, it may not work for you due to the size.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    I've always felt the Stark grip was as ugly as sin, but after trying one out, they really are very comfortable. Function over beauty always wins.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies...I agree that they are ugly but that's what drew my attention. I do have smaller hands however. I'll just wait until I find somebody with one on their gun to try it out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    It seems that the durability of the LEDs has let quite a few people get away with this sort of abuse. If nothing else, one isn't out the cost of a hugely expensive light, just have a reason to upgrade to SF's latest and greatest housing/LED combo.
    The problem, as a cursory review led me to believe , isnt related to LEDs per se. Its something about the housing standing up to the rigors of rifle fire without shock 'management'. But as I said, lots of folks seem to be running the g2x without issue. I just think folks should know before buying.
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    cool!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    First off, ditch the afg. It wasn't designed for that short of a handguard. Secondly, grab a good sling... it's a must. Thirdly, grab a surefire g2l. Otherwise, nice stick.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    First off, ditch the afg. It wasn't designed for that short of a handguard. Secondly, grab a good sling... it's a must. Thirdly, grab a surefire g2l. Otherwise, nice stick.
    Copy. I have a Magpul MS2 and ASAP plate. Also checked out the Elzetta lights last time I was at Rainier (as alternative to Surefire G-series)... Thanks for the input, cheers.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    the elzetta lights are absolutely awesome. you can't go wrong with them.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Just pulled the AFG off... that is what I was looking for and didn't even know it. the hand guard area feels much less bulky now, and easier to get back to the same grip with my reaction hand than trying to key into the AFG the way it was set up before. I am going to give this a go for a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12