Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12.5 Kino+ ... My plan for a Kino build

Feedback Score
    The purpose of the Kino Config was to take advantage of the 12.5" barrel and Carbine Gas combination, and add a little more handguard and sight radius, while keeping everything simple: fixed sight, drop on handguard, nothing fancy gun. Trust me on this.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    So your going to run a can on this or not?

If you are, just go with a 10.5" with the pinned FSB and the extended carbine Apex hand guard and be done with it.

Oh and "im building an SBR, I want that ****er as short as possible(within reason)" comes to my mind also.
    Yes, this will be suppressed 90% of the time.

A couple of things though. I don't want a PDW. I want a carbine. I'd take the ballistics of a 556 out of a 12.5" any day of the week over 10.5". I like that 12.5 is more reliable, softer on parts and the silencer, and just generally nicer to shoot (FOR ME, this is all my opinion having played with 10.5" guns, I have not shot them all).

If I feel like I need something shorter, I'll 1 or 2 up the 10.5" with an 8" or 9" 300blk. I've been following that and it looks phenomenal for a PDW.

A 10.5" carbine, pinned with apex is still only getting me a short handguard. The big deal here is that I want the extra room. If I didn't, I would go 11.5"/12.5" carbine in a second.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    The purpose of the Kino Config was to take advantage of the 12.5" barrel and Carbine Gas combination, and add a little more handguard and sight radius, while keeping everything simple: fixed sight, drop on handguard, nothing fancy gun. Trust me on this.
    I know who you are, and just for the absolute fun of seeing a couple people here just freak out, it makes me want to argue with you

Yea, I get what you're saying. So in your opinion then does it make much sense to run a Kino with an optic? How about with a free float rail? How about both?

The weight penalty of the Kino is the biggest disadvantage, agreed?

Given a 12.5" barrel, when would you use a free float rail and bolt on sight vs your configuration?

All that aside, I'm really confused why the such strong opinion in this topic. All I'm considering is a traditional 12.5" ff with the sight attached to the barrel instead of the rail. No other differences. It's a 3.5oz weight difference but I get the longest slick handguard possible that meets my needs. I think this appears more complicated than it is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234