Thread: this is my rifle...there are some similar but this one is mine

Feedback Score

this is my rifle...there are some similar but this one is mine

My latest build. Assembled completely by me and running excellent so far through the first 400 or so rnds of various make ammo through it from tula to horonady steel match. The rifle wears a midlength Adams Arms piston kit. I didnt originally intend to build a piston gun. When I came across the great deal on the spikes/FN made midlength barrel for $199, I couldnt pass on it. I originally intended to buy a Daniel Defense f -marked FSB(as the barrel was stripped) and send the barrel and fsb off to adco to have them mated. The thought of having a piston system did intrigue me though and since I can build it "just because", I did. I also wanted to be able to build the gun completely myself(as I prefer to do all my own work, minus machining)and the AA kit afforded me that oppotunity where as the install of a taper pinned fsb didnt as I dont have the capability for that work. Parts list: Adams Arms midlength piston kit, Spikes Tactical/FN middy 16" barrel, Spikes upper and stripped lower(did color fill myself but could not find or match the od green i wanted),Rainier Arms "Thunderbolt", DD lpk(with JP 3.5# pull springs), DD A1.5 fixed rear & DD fixed front sights,BCM Gunfighter ch mod 4, moe furniture with moe+ grip, spikes extruded receiver extension with st-t2 buffer and last but not least Battlecomp 1.0. No plans for an optic @ this time. I plan to get an od green badass selector soon. Enjoy the crappy iphone 3gs pics.

Attachment 11355

Attachment 11356

Attachment 11357
    Last edited by jet80tv; 03-01-12 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    Great looking build, I got a Adams Arms piston kit as well but paid a lot more for it, you got a great deal. Tried my buddy's M4 with the Battlecomp was amazed with the control. Good shooting.

Feedback Score
    May I ask why you decided to put lipstick on the pig?
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    nice build!

Feedback Score
    Lipstick? Referring to colorfill I guess. Totally unnecessary but I just wanted to try it, came out gd, not great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambowhite View Post
    Great looking build, I got a Adams Arms piston kit as well but paid a lot more for it, you got a great deal. Tried my buddy's M4 with the Battlecomp was amazed with the control. Good shooting.
    I got the barrel for $199. The AA kit was $279. It's run good so far. I've tried to twist on the gas block, and smack it with a mallet both when it was cool and hot as well with no rotation. I bump fired(dnt usually do this a whole lot)some strings of rnds through it to see if that might move the gas block, no go. I'm satisfied with the integrity of the gasblocks bond to the barrel though my "tests" are not exhaustive.