Thread: Surefire Suppressor LifeTime Guarantee vs. AAC Warranty?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Surefire Suppressor LifeTime Guarantee vs. AAC Warranty?

I bought AAC suppressors because of the outstanding warranty. But today I was looking at Surefire's website and they state that all Suppressors have lifetime guarantee for original civilian purchaser.

Anyone have personal experience sending in a Surefire can with burned blast baffle? Probably fall under normal wear and tear clause they put in there I'm sure.

Figured some of the NFA experts would have some knowledge they would like to pass along.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I take all the warranties for granted.

As far as an eroded blast baffle, that's going to be wear and tear I bet.

As far as AAC goes, I think they have gotten better, but I know there was a bit of contention with them in the past, where they promised a warranty or upgrade path and then kinda fell through. You're the first person I've ever seen writing they had a great warranty.

They do appear to be better now. I don't know from first hand, but I think if their fault it's covered, if it's your fault including baffle strikes and erosion it's half of MSRP of the new can. Kind of a slight there because it's MSRP and not the price you paid, no one pays MSRP, at least not if they look around.

That said, their newest cans apparently have a feature that allows for better repair of an almost destroyed can. Perhaps this will allow them to upgrade rifle cans now, that would be huge.

Feedback Score
    I like AAC but the warranty does make me laugh...a lifetime warranty "for the lifetime of the warranty". That kind of talk requires a very expensive lawyer I'm sure! We have used it though and so far so good.