Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mossberg 464 SPX

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    To me this is a good example of a "tactical" lever gun done right:

The pic is not mine and is of a Grizzly Custom Guns "Backpacker Scout SBR conversion.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 03-29-18 at 10:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having fired a neighbors M SPX I must quickly jump in and state that the thing shoots much better than it looks. It's handy and with the stock collapsed it fits nicely on the floor of his farm truck or behind the seat. The term tactical is a giant misnomer. It should have been described as a utility rifle and sold with a case. It's ugly as hell and is the object of derision. The front rail serves as a good place to grip but has no other function and should have been left off. With a 12 inch barrel such a rifle would be handy indeed. I'll admit that the fudd in me makes me wish that I had one too, but he honest truth is that it looks so silly that I wouldn't be caught dead with one. You guys ease up on the op.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    To me this is a good example of a "tactical" lever gun done right:

The pic is not mine and is of a Grizzly Custom Guns "Backpacker Scout SBR conversion.
    I'm not sure I would personally want one in a SBR, but that is a damned handy and esthetically pleasing package.
    I'm seriously considering getting a Marlin and sprucing it up a bit, although the last time I did one my Mother demanded I fork it over post haste.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Having fired a neighbors M SPX I must quickly jump in and state that the thing shoots much better than it looks. It's handy and with the stock collapsed it fits nicely on the floor of his farm truck or behind the seat. The term tactical is a giant misnomer. It should have been described as a utility rifle and sold with a case. It's ugly as hell and is the object of derision. The front rail serves as a good place to grip but has no other function and should have been left off. With a 12 inch barrel such a rifle would be handy indeed. I'll admit that the fudd in me makes me wish that I had one too, but he honest truth is that it looks so silly that I wouldn't be caught dead with one. You guys ease up on the op.
    Since the thread is 5 years old, I'm thinking he's over it by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123