Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My custom build 7" M4 piston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I am also curious as to the make of the lower of th AR. Never seen one like that before.
    At first I thought it was the JP CTR-02 but it isn't, slightly different

I am curious as to what it is as well...
    Last edited by Youngbp04; 03-09-12 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    To all concerned.

The custom build area is a place to show off and or ask questions about your custom build. If you are going to post pictures of your build, please post a complete picture not just your parts, partial lowers, etc....

Sorry, but the instructions of the custom build forum IS to post pics of new builds. To go on about make, model, manufacturer is a suggestion...not a requirement.

Nice build Op, What piston system did you end up using? Like others, I'm curious to know what lower that is? Sure is interesting.
    Nice 180 by the way, is yours a full auto? I kick my but every time I see one for not buying when I had the chance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Quite honestly that was the first thing I noticed in the pic.
    I am also curious as to the make of the lower of th AR. Never seen one like that before.
    i have one here that looks exactly like it which is some noname 80% billet lower ...
    mine does not have autosearhole tho

the one in the picture is probably a Shooters Arms lower

http://www.shootersarms.com.ph/spareparts.php?page=18
    Last edited by kajen; 03-09-12 at 10:59.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow, I bet the combination of that brake and the 7" barrel is brutal.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambowhite View Post
    Well Hayden, I am new to this forum, so forgive me for starting a stupid thread. I hope to make it my last one. And to answer your question to where the meat is, I installed the threaded comp so I can remove/install the supressor quickly, if needed. The side cocking/charging handle is there so that I won't have to lose sight picture, just a mod based on what works for me.

Interesting. I had not heard this before. So you load and chamber the weapon with the stock still against your shoulder??

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard this before. So you load and chamber the weapon with the stock still against your shoulder??

C4

LOL Yeah what gives?

Feedback Score
    Hi sorry haven't been able to check back sooner, yes it is an American 180, made by a company called ILARCO in the 60s. It is full auto has a 1100 rpm cyclic and a lot of fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    Guys the lower is built by a custom gunsmith,unfortunately with no real patent protection shooters arms decided to copy the idea from an early prototype. I think the internals might be slightly different so he just let it be. Or so the story goes. He is not a big manufacturer so he just does them as needed. I saw an older version on his desk that was semi auto, I liked the way it looked and told him to make me one.

Feedback Score
    Hi TMS951, yes big fireballs, and brutal for anyone beside me. I normally use it with the supressor installed though.

Feedback Score
    To C4, Turdbo to answer you question, I found that most people when in the prone position have a tendency to raise their head a few inches when they have to manipulate the charging handle on a stock M4, because of the way it is positioned. I know it's that way to accommodate both left and right handed shooters, since I'm a righty no biggie. I think Keeping your profile low and having the rifle up closer to eye level while working the handle has its merits. I feel the mod works in this respect, it's just something I'm tinkering with. Thank you for your interest.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast