Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP - CWO Edward Cantrell

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

RIP - CWO Edward Cantrell

No greater love... Article here.
    A decorated Green Beret leapt from the second-story of his burning home early Tuesday, wrapped himself in a blanket and ran back inside in an attempt to save his two young daughters.

Firefighters recovered the body of Chief Warrant Officer Edward Cantrell on the second floor of his North Carolina home, not far from the remains of 6-year-old Isabella and 4-year-old Natalia...

Cantrell, 36, was a member of the 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg. He held the rank of chief warrant officer 2, which authorized Cantrell to lead half of his 12-member Green Beret team if it was split up, said Lt. Col. April Olsen, a spokeswoman for Army Special Forces Command.

Records show Cantrell joined the Army in 1994, listing a home address in Plant City, Fla. He had one combat deployment to Iraq and five to Afghanistan, returning from the last mission in August, Olsen said.

His record included four Bronze Stars and one Purple Heart, awarded for wounds suffered in a war zone, Olsen said.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    There are no words.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I saw that news article. CW2 Cantrell was pondering retirement, wishing to spend more time with his family. He was a hero many times, and to the end as well.

Prayers sent for the fallen warrior, his family and fellow Soldiers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    God speed to them all.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    RIP, CWO Cantrell. God bless the sole survivor, and may His grace be sufficient.
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Unhappy

Damn.

Enjoy heaven with your daughters, Chief - you've already done your time in Hell...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This really hit close to home. One of my employees lives 2 doors down from the Cantrells.

When she told me about the fire and what happened all I could do was say a prayer for the family

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    tragic. that's all i can say. ed was a good friend of a friend who also ran with him in 3rd group. i ask that we send prayers for the surviving wife, Louise, that God may bring her an ounce of peace.
    Last edited by lethal dose; 03-06-12 at 18:45.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It does not get any sadder than that wow prayers sent to family and friends
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    What a tragedy. Yesterday the little girl Angel from the tornado and now this. I hope their all together in a better place. Being a father of a beautiful 14 month old girl, I can't imagine the fear he felt. In some ways, maybe he was lucky for not having to survive to see the death of his daughters. God Bless them all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast