Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FrankenSBR

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    How about we try and adhere to the rules for the Custom Forum. Show your complete builds, seek advice/criticism and possibly explain what the driving force was behind your choices.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well I'm seeking advice and criticism on the build I'm on. I can't get the upper yet as it is an SBR.

Also, I must have mis-read the rules. Was thinking I could make an on going thread till it's complete.

I figured since it is/will be a custom build, and that I'm looking for suggestions/constructive criticism, that this would be a good spot to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    How about we try and adhere to the rules for the Custom Forum. Show your complete builds, seek advice/criticism and possibly explain what the driving force was behind your choices.
    Last edited by Funkenstein; 03-07-12 at 12:06.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    What site did you order it from? Rainier Arms is out and they are the only site I have seen carrying them.
    Sorry, I missed this post.

I ordered straight through the website with an order form.

They are backed up about 3 weeks so it should arrive in 4ish.

Also, amazing customer service from Amy Geissele. She was very quick to respond and great to deal with. So far I highly recommend ALG and obviously Geissele.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    Have you considered the maTech buis? I thing that would be a great intermediate between the magpul and kac.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have done some research on it and have seen mixed reviews. Some about how it snags easily on gear but other than that pretty good reviews. It's definitely a possibility.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball29 View Post
    Have you considered the maTech buis? I thing that would be a great intermediate between the magpul and kac.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Did some interesting simple research today in comparing my two options for an upper.

In comparing BCM and Noveske I found that in at least one case, Noveske is a better value!

It's inarguable that both of these companies make an outstanding product, however given the choice I would probably go with Noveske.

Here are the things I compared listing almost identical components:

Noveske
    12.5" Light GPR, Basic
    Comes with:
    -Auto carrier BCG
    -Gunfighter CH
    -Blackout
    Total - $750

BCM ($490)
    11.5" CHF
    -Auto carrier BCG +$140
    -Gunfighter CH +$40
    -Blackout +$150
    -Add basic handguards + 20
    Total - $840

A difference of almost $100.

I didn't choose a 12.5" for the BCM because there isn't a CHF option on their website that I found.

Now, I could definitely get the BCM build lower if I chose different parts but in comparing basically the same set-up, Noveske is cheaper.

I tried the same test with a 14.5" upper option and Noveske only came in $10 more than the same BCM build.

If this info was already know then please disregard. I was/am under the impression that more often than not, Noveske is going to be more expensive than BCM.

Thoughts?
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So, PSA blew me off.

Fiance ordered LPK for my b-day, got the "Thanks for your order" page but 4 days later no confirmation email.

She sends a very nice email asking the status of her order. 3 days later they respond saying "Don't see an order. Don't know what happened."

I go to the website today and all of their LPK's are Temporarily out of Stock...

So I'm going with the JP Enterprises LPK w/out FCG since I am getting the ALG Defense ACT trigger.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would order the LPK from Grant at G&R, a Colt or DD before I ordered a JP.

I'd have taken the money you spent on the trigger and put it towards an upper with the highest quality hand guard I could get that also fit my needs.

I would not buy a MI or Samson rail personally. I know little of their quality or consistency, but I would buy a Centurion or Daniel Defense because I do know of their quality and consistency. You can find Centurion hand guards for quite a bit less than MSRP if you look around.

If I wasn't sure what hand guard I wanted or needed, I'd go with a Magpul MOE until I figured it out, as long as it had the FSB and not a low pro gas block.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the input.

Grants LPK has said out of stock for quite some time, or I would have ordered from him.

Just got an email today, however, that Rainier Arms couldn't verify the mailing address. So I still need a LPK and trigger. The reason I chose to go with the JP LPK is because JP has proven their quality over the years and I just can't find a good LPK anywhere, especially one that comes without the FCG.

The ALG trigger I ordered straight from Amy who was awesome about customer service by actually calling me and emailing me instantly.

My dilemma right now is choosing an actual upper. What do you think about the post I made comparing BCM and Noveske? If I went the route of an FSB I would go Noveske but since BCM is now offering the Centurion rails, I may choose that route. Just depends on my budget over this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    I would order the LPK from Grant at G&R, a Colt or DD before I ordered a JP.

I'd have taken the money you spent on the trigger and put it towards an upper with the highest quality hand guard I could get that also fit my needs.

I would not buy a MI or Samson rail personally. I know little of their quality or consistency, but I would buy a Centurion or Daniel Defense because I do know of their quality and consistency. You can find Centurion hand guards for quite a bit less than MSRP if you look around.

If I wasn't sure what hand guard I wanted or needed, I'd go with a Magpul MOE until I figured it out, as long as it had the FSB and not a low pro gas block.
    Last edited by Funkenstein; 03-14-12 at 09:56.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12