Thread: Anyone have experience w/ FN SLP's?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone have experience w/ FN SLP's?

I have a ton of pump guns...that I never use. Two are brand new, never fired. They sit in the safe.

Realistically I could get away with owning one or two good shotguns. Maybe keep a pump w/ 26" barrel for waterfowl hunting and a second semi-auto, semi-tactical one. I don't necessarily see a shotgun as being part of a home defense plan, but I can see its usefulness in a prolonged survival situation (many roles, one gun). Having never owned a semi-auto 12g before, and my skepticism, I'd like to see if anyone here can offer up knowledge on FN's SLP line.

I'm looking at this one in particular:
    http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/fi...05&mid=FNM0018

I like the 22" barrel, I've had them before and they pattern well (especially when using the right choke), and can handle a slug for more precise work. Ghost ring sights and pic rail already on receiver are also a plus as I'd probably toss a T-1 on it.

I like the Benelli M2 as well, but I'd lose some barrel length and in order for me to get 6+ rounds in it I'd have to get it up to 922r compliance(except for the $2,600 custom shop model), right? The Beretta TX4 Storm is in the same boat.

Remington is out of the question for me. I had a problem with a 870 right out of the box and it went back and forth to Remington four times before I finally just sold it to Gander Mountain at a loss. I never advise people against Remington products, but after dealing with them and the failure to make it right, I vowed never to buy another Remington firearm. Rant over.

So what would you do? Would you ditch 3-4 pump guns you don't really use to get into one do-all semi auto?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Go for it. If I had any extra cash, I'd own one of the FNs, but I don't want to sell my Browning A5 Stalker to do it...so it remains on my "want list."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an FN SLP Mk1....my first and last shotgun bought about 2 years ago solely to get into 3 gunning. A few thousand shells of all kinds later, and it has proven itself extremely reliable and unpicky on ammo choice. Soft shooting and fast cycling too. Gets my recommendation.
    Last edited by SA80Dan; 03-07-12 at 23:04.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    I have a shooting buddy who owns an SLP. He's put thousands of different shells through it ,no problems. A joy to shoot too.