Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omega X 12.0 FSP - front folding sight?

Feedback Score

Omega X 12.0 FSP - front folding sight?

I have an Omega X 12.0 FSP en route and though I don't mind a fixed FSP especially for the price of the rail, I was thinking about the possibility of setting it up with folding front sights.

I was thinking of a front sight that when folded is level with the top of the rail.

The Vltor VST 1C would've been perfect but it doesn't fit.

Quiet-Matt modified his rail to fit a YHM folding front sight tower/gas block assembly...which would be great if it didn't involve filing on the rail.

ARMS 41 fits without modifications according to Stickman but it sticks up a bit when folded.

Anything out there that would fit without modification AND fold flush to the top rail?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am curious about this one too.
    From the pics it looks like it wouldn't be possible, as the length of the sight cutout doesn't look long enough to give adequate height when flipped up. (if that makes sense)

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Strangely enough I have been thinking about the same thing. Another option I am looking into is a Railed gas block with a Troy on it. Alternatively you could just shave the gas block and then put a rail cover section over that part of the rail then mount a normal flip up further forward.

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at either the new PRI picatinny railed gas block, or the new Gen II Vltor VST without the QD swivel?

http://www.pri-mounts.com/mm5/mercha...e=AR15_M16_ACC

or

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...ics2.html#vst2

Feedback Score
    You can just sell the 12.0 FSP and get the 12.0 Lite rail. Then you have a continuous rail. That's what I did on my DD M4.

Feedback Score
    From the pics it looks like it wouldn't be possible, as the length of the sight cutout doesn't look long enough to give adequate height when flipped up. (if that makes sense)
    I get what you mean, but it is possible, the YHM sight fit, the filing on the rail was for the width, not length.

Another option I am looking into is a Railed gas block with a Troy on it. Alternatively you could just shave the gas block and then put a rail cover section over that part of the rail then mount a normal flip up further forward.
    I've been thinking about a railed block too, I understand some gas block rails are not receiver height though. Interesting idea on the low pro block and rail cover, hadn't thought of that!

Have you looked at either the new PRI picatinny railed gas block, or the new Gen II Vltor VST without the QD swivel?
    I didn't know about the new Vltors, they look like they just might fit! They aren't on the Vltor site yet though, are they available? Kinda pricey! The PRI's look a tad too long to fit?

You can just sell the 12.0 FSP and get the 12.0 Lite rail. Then you have a continuous rail. That's what I did on my DD M4.
    I got the FSPs cuz they were quite a bit cheaper than the 12.0 Lite. Now I might be spending more especially if those Vltors fit haha!

Feedback Score
    Go with the PRI if you are dead set on the folder.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Got any more pics of the YHM FSP? Mainly how much was needed to be removed from the rail.
    Also, how is the quality on that FSP?

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post

I got the FSPs cuz they were quite a bit cheaper than the 12.0 Lite. Now I might be spending more especially if those Vltors fit haha!
    I asked the guys at Vltor, they weren't sure themselves, and asked me to let them know when I tried it. I'd like to order one and find out when I have the extra cash.

Feedback Score
    Al U. 5811
    Go with the PRI if you are dead set on the folder.
    Any particular reason you recommend PRI? I hear they make great stuff but have no experience with them, just curious.

JBecker 72
    Got any more pics of the YHM FSP? Mainly how much was needed to be removed from the rail.
    Also, how is the quality on that FSP?
    Haven't tried these yet so I can't say. Not much was removed from the rail basing on the pics. Here is the thread I got the pics from:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=34971

KingsideRook
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by glen View Post

I asked the guys at Vltor, they weren't sure themselves, and asked me to let them know when I tried it. I'd like to order one and find out when I have the extra cash.
    They do look good! I'm just guessing on them being pricey basing off the price of the current model. Seeing how well made they look, I doubt they'll be cheap!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast