Thread: Muzzle Brakes

Feedback Score

Muzzle Brakes

Hello may name is Kris and I need your help. I am looking for a muzzle break for my AR chambered in 22-250, specifically ones that don't degrade accuracy. I often shoot by my self with no spotter and am having trouble reading my missed shots. Recoil is very mild, but the rifle jostles just enough to loose sight picture above 13X
    any advise from knowledgeable shooters is much needed and appreciated.

Thanks, Kris

Feedback Score
    Lot's of great brakes out there... it more depends on the type of shooting you do. I don't like open bottom brakes if I'm going to shoot prone b/c they kick up too much debris. I also don't like brakes that blow the concussion back in my face. Maybe if you tell us a little more about how you shoot we can recommend some specifc models.

On a side note, if you are getting moved around with a 22-250, you would want to work on your technique. Are you using a bipod or a rest and bags? If using a bipod, are you loading it properly? Are you directly behind your rifle?

Cheers

Feedback Score
    i MAINLY SHOOT PRONE WITH A BR HARRIS OR SAND BAGS. IT'S JUST THIS CALIBER WITH HIGH MAGNAFICATION THE RIFLE SHAKES AND I MOMENTARILY LOOSE MY SIGHT PICTURE
    AND IF I MISS AT 300 YARDS I CANT TELL IF I WAS LOW HIGH LEFT OR RIGHT. RECOIL PROBABLY IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE IT. I'M SURE MORE TRIGGER TIME AND ROUNDS DOWN RANGE WILL HELP.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What length gas system & barrel you using? I'm shooting 5.56 so ymmv but I'm running a 20" barreled rifle length gas system with a carbine RE, spring and buffer and can easily stay on target with my 12x scope at 200yds with a standard A2 flash hider.
    I've been thinking about a miculek style comp for gits & shiggles to see what happens but I've heard they make things louder.