Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    It really depends on who the instructor is.
    This group. I'm working on the Ammo and mags. Have 3 mags and 250 rounds.

Ive notice it is little heavier than other but I'll take the weight as it is strong.
    Last edited by Djstorm100; 03-09-12 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    This group. I'm working on the Ammo and mags. Have 3 mags and 250 rounds.

Ive notice it is little heavier than other but I'll take the weight as it is strong.
    What's heavy? The M4V5 is one of the lighter rifles on the market. Do you have a pic of your setup?

And what is "this group" for training?
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    What's heavy? The M4V5 is one of the lighter rifles on the market. Do you have a pic of your setup?

And what is "this group" for training?
    Heavier than my friends DMPS but its a 560.00 gun.

I love mine, don't get me wrong at all! I would buy another one in a heart beat. One for GT and another one for comp, if I got in to competition.

Feedback Score
    nice guns.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Shoot it a lot. Get professional instruction if you haven't already had some. Don't modify anything. Get a quality two-point sling if you don't already have one.

There are spare parts kits that are worth having. Unfortunately the only prepackaged ones I know of come from Armalite (middle of the road quality) and DPMS (not recommended). I'd get the Armalite spares kit, or two of them. The parts are at least good enough. Here's the Armalite kit:

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/ARMEMK012.aspx

Or you can separately buy the parts you are most likely to break or lose - probably the firing pin retaining pin, the extractor, and extractor spring.

Grant, you might consider adding a spares kit to your offerings!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    how can I make my Daniel defense better? I love the rifle, thinking about maybe getting one stage trigger for ligther pull. Why does it need to be made better, is it a piece of shit? Does it not properly function? How many rounds have been fired through it before you decided you want to upgrade the trigger. If you feel it to be absolutely neccesary, look at the ALG ACT trigger.

Also what does the bolt upgrade with the oring and heavier spring for the extractor do? This is only suggested for rifles that are over gassing, you won't have that problem with a DD.

2) I want to get a spare parts kit, what parts should I really focus on? Read What's in your range bag?, Spare parts, and Spare parts for m4?

Also when it comes to lube I want something that will last! Not to turn this in to VS. thread but is motor oil as good as everyone saids? Been looking at slp2000 ewl. Slip2000 or froglube are going to be the most recommended. Don't get too caught up on which lube you use. Motor oil is fine for the BCG, but you shuold use a lube on the rest of the rifle (run it wet.)

Thanks!
    Before you decide to start dicking around and adding a bunch of unnecessary crap, shoot the gun first. Put a can of ammo through it first and then decide what needs to be changed/fixed.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    nice socks!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A vcas sling.

Feedback Score
    For spare parts I would just go with a complete bolt and firing pin. Not necessarily needed of course and if your going to go in deep it is better have a full gun.

Nothing wrong with the factory extractor and spring in the DD from my experience.

I often just use 10W 30, but it is a "poison of choice" area anyway.

Would pull the Eotech back a little so its all on the receiver (the part that hovers can continue to hover over the rails).

Maybe some "mission essentials" like a sling, flashlight, and QD mount for the Eotech. Depends with what you want to do with the rifle.

Maybe some grease on the trigger until it smooths out, should hold off on new trigger until you shoot enough to break it in and get a good feel.

Really though you don't need to do much besides lube it and shoot it and sleep over the details and alterations.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    its a solid rifle out of the box, but there is no substitute for trigger time. practice a lot and improve your skills and during the course of getting some trigger time you will slowly figure out what spare parts/upgrades are needed and/or desired. you can go ahead and purchase a bunch of stuff now and roll the dice on what really works best for you, but my advice would be to shoot about 2k rounds through it first and then revisit the upgrades.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast