Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Heavier than my friends DMPS but its a 560.00 gun.
    LOL!!!

You should be fine without any upgrades for a while. One of the biggest crimes I have seen is when a person gets a good AR, and proceeds to strap grip pods, and other various magical products.

I would not even suggest a forgrip until you have shot it a while.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That carbine is great the way it is. I'll second the idea af moving the EoTech back a bit. It's not true monolithic so your'e better off keeping the mount portion all on the receiver. If you plan to use the gun in a defense role, a good white light would be a good idea.

Take a bit of advice from those of us that have already wasted our money, don't go adding a bunch of stuff to it. In a year or two you'll find that you have an expensive box of un-necessary expensive parts; and your gun will look pretty much like it did when you got it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to ARs when it comes to do's,don'ts- parts- brands etc. I've been reading the stickys like crazy.

I recently got a Daniel Defense (DD) v5 with ecotech 512 and BUIS

I was wondering 2 things.

1) how can I make my Daniel defense better? I love the rifle, thinking about maybe getting one stage trigger for ligther pull.
    First, good choice on the gun. You have a USGI single stage trigger in the gun now. The after market single stage triggers tend to be on the SUPER light side (2-4lbs) and are really geared more toward varmint shooting and paper punching (not a good choice on a defensive tool).

So if you want to look at a good (fairly priced) single stage (combat grade) check out the new ALG offerings.

Also what does the bolt upgrade with the oring and heavier spring for the extractor do?

2) I want to get a spare parts kit, what parts should I really focus on?

Also when it comes to lube I want something that will last! Not to turn this in to VS. thread but is motor oil as good as everyone saids? Been looking at slp2000 ewl.

Thanks!

Certain springs and components wear out at somewhere between 3-5k. Here is the short list of items to have as spares:

Extractor Spring
    Extractor insert
    Buffer Spring
    Gas Rings
    Ejector Spring
    Bolt
    Cam Pin

This is one of the best extractor spring kits out there: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=BOLTUK3

Slip is an excellent lube. There are also some others that are quality (Frong Lube, Machine Gunners Lube, WilsonCombat, etc). I use them all and have all worked well.

C4

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    hey, man. welcome to the forum. looks like you're off to a great start. i'm not a huge fan of eotech, but that's besides the point. for all intended purposes, it'll probably be fine. with that said, you NEED to get a good sling. if you can track one down, i HIGHLY recommend the VCAS from BFG with the sewn in QD attachments... that sling will compliment your setup VERY well... all you need to do is add a noveske QD receiver end plate. after that, grab a good light (surefire g2 is a great inexpensive option, as is elzetta) and light mount (i really like mr. trusty's offerings over at gear sector or the danger close light mount). links to said equipment:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...key=VCAS-PB-AA

http://www.gearsector.com/view/product/172/

http://www.gearsector.com/view/product/174/

http://store.greygrouptraining.com/L...GHT-MOUNT.html

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...action&key=G2L

http://www.elzetta.com/zfl-m60FAQ.htm
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    to go along with what grant said... slip2000 is GREAT stuff. i have, however used synthetic motor oil with great results, also. as far as the trigger goes, you should be alright. get out there and get familiar with the weapon and function test it between 700-1000 rounds. this will give you some time to familiarize yourself with the platform and make sure it will function 100%... PLUS, you'll break that trigger in a little better. while your on the interwebz, grab a good cleaning kit and a boresnake... they're nice to have around. as for zeroing the optic and sights, i like a 50 y/m zero... YMMV. lastly, do you mind disclosing which region you live in? if you don't want the world to know, pm me and i can get you set up with some affordable training in your region. i am currently in the upstate of south carolina... if you're in the area, i'd be glad to help out in whatever way i can.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also have a DD M4 V5, lub is very important and as you can see preferences vary. I always use CLP to clean and FP-10 to lub, it works great for me. I say two things you can do to make you great rife even greater - Geissele SSA trigger and spare BCG. I have one BCG dedicated for range and practice that I use on any rifle I am practicing with. This way I know the BCG currently running on a rifle (not the spare/range/practice) is on top of its game.
    Last edited by brzusa.1911; 03-10-12 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! May I ask why to move the ecotech back? And how far? Purpose of having it there was to get use to it. Have a better field of view. Since I'm not racing anymore I like to get in some type of competition whether it's three gun/ tactical/ something like IDPA. I'm in Raleigh nc

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Thanks guys! May I ask why to move the ecotech back? And how far? Purpose of having it there was to get use to it. Have a better field of view. Since I'm not racing anymore I like to get in some type of competition whether it's three gun/ tactical/ something like IDPA. I'm in Raleigh nc
    Because it appears to be mounted half on the upper receiver and half on the quad rail from the picture. I wouldn't bridge the rails like that.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    cool, man. there are quite a few training opportunities near you. if you'd like me to set something up for ya sometime, let me know... i'd be happy to help!
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    Because it appears to be mounted half on the upper receiver and half on the quad rail from the picture. I wouldn't bridge the rails like that.
    You just want the actual clamp to be on the receiver?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast