Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    You just want the actual clamp to be on the receiver?
    You want any portion of the mount that contacts the rail to be fully on the upper receiver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    First off, congrats on a great rifle. I have about a thousand rounds through my DD V4 without a hint of needing anything except more ammo and lube. I plan on running another 3-4 thousand rounds before changing or modding anything and I will do so only if it needs it. DD makes a damn fine rifle and it will serve you well for a long time. As others have said here, get a sling, Pmags and ammo then go shoot the piss out of it.
    Last edited by svtpwnz; 03-10-12 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Upgrade the software, not the hardware. Do so by taking a class.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    You want any portion of the mount that contacts the rail to be fully on the upper receiver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by svtpwnz View Post
    First off, congrats on a great rifle. I have about a thousand rounds through my DD V4 without a hint of needing anything except more ammo and lube. I plan on running another 3-4 thousand rounds before changing or modding anything and I will do so only if it needs it. DD makes a damn fine rifle and it will serve you well for a long time. As others have said here, get a sling, Pmags and ammo then go shoot the piss out of it.
    Thats what I'll do then. I'll double check it as well.

I love the rifle and to think I was going to go with a DMPS. I was between the DD and colt 9620. Hell I may build me one or buy the colt next time.

The only thing I would like to change right now is the charging handle because I'm a left handed shooter and been told, charge the weapon with your support hand, not trigger hand.

Feedback Score

sling mounts

I just got a V7 and the only things I did were ambi Bad Ass safety selector with short throw levers, norgen mag release, and a front sling mount from IWC.
    Last edited by LoneWolfRonin; 03-10-12 at 19:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Thanks guys! May I ask why to move the ecotech back? And how far? Purpose of having it there was to get use to it. Have a better field of view. Since I'm not racing anymore I like to get in some type of competition whether it's three gun/ tactical/ something like IDPA. I'm in Raleigh nc
    The forward rails flex but the receiver stays put which can make the sight misaligned or cause damage to it or the rails. Since the part that hovers (battery area) is not touching anything and is far enough away, it can hover over the gap just fine. Used an Eotech myself for a while and had the batteries hovering over the gap.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for the help. I moved the ecotech as well. I oiled the gun last night ( exterior) and let it soak and just wiped it excess off. It looks so much richer in color and has a nice shine to it. Used CLP since it prevents rust very well. How do you guys to the small parts of the rail?

Also picked up a sling today. Question is. Mount points. Butt stock vs front of the rail vs under the castle nut vs on the rail right where it means the upper recciever. I have 4 mount points not sure which to use. I figure it is matter of perfence but I'm jut checking.

Lastly if I have to draw from hoslter. ( pistol) any tips or tricks since I shoot rifle left handed but shoot pistol right? Seems like it may be a little funny/ awarded

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You REALLY need training. No joke.

Also, aluminum doesn't rust.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    You REALLY need training. No joke.

Also, aluminum doesn't rust.
    I know but it's more of preservative more than anything. I'm talking to a guy about training now lol one thing at a time lol
    Last edited by Djstorm100; 03-10-12 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as spare parts go, I know it's been said, but a spare bolt and firing pin should be all you need. I don't feel the need personally to keep spares on me at all times, but if you do, Magpul makes a insert for their MIAD/MOE grips that will hold a complete bolt and firing pin, which I can see the utility in. For other spare parts, keep shooting, if something else breaks, small pins or springs, buy a few extra of them and keep them handy. Some firearms (and machines in general) just have a habit of eating one or two random parts (my old eclipse would kill a power window switch on the driver window every 3 months like clockwork it seemed).

For lube, I'm a big fan of Molybdenum grease for all my AR/AK pattern rifles. Seems to do a good job keeping them running when it starts to get around 0 degrees. It's also cheap, not messy, easy to find, and in a pinch I could use it to lubricate just about anything on the planet.

With regards to improving performance, those ALG triggers look like a nice option for "utility" type rifles (i.e. not purpose built precision/hunting or run-and-gun type competition rifles) and may very well find their way into my BCM middy soon. Other than that, a sling is beyond useful. I have a box full of the cheap Blakhawk! slings Midway carries and put them on about every long arm I own. They work well and hold up good, but a Vickers also might pop up on my BCM soon too, just to try one out.

No offense intended (it's my case as well) but I'm willing to bet the biggest improvement to be gained in performance would be investing in ammo, range time and training. It's also the most fun way to spend money on your rifle!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast