Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How to make performance better (DD)/spare parts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brzusa.1911 View Post
    I am lefty as well, everything on my rifle makes it lefty friendly. Some here don't like the Magpul BAD lever, as a left hand shooter I love it - in a tactical reload I can just tap my right hand on the lever after inserting a magazine. I drop the magazine with my index finger using the ambi mag release, insert a new magazine with right hand and release the bolt with same hand.
    The mag release I guess I'll have to play with it and see. After I take course I'll know. But the safety is a must for me!

Thanks for the help bud!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    I meant "how do you get to small parts of the rail, barrel." My dad always taught me to oil the barrel and anything you pretty much touch, unless it is plastic. Due to the oil on your hands.

I have QD point right where the receiver and free float rail meet at and have one at the rear of the receiver at the castle nut.

You were referring to the 12-2 o' clock of the side arm correct?
    The rails are aluminum and anodized hard coat, rust isn't an issue with them. Barrels have a phosphate coating which helps prevent rust but if some crude like dirt or mud gets under the hand guards, its in a corrosive atmosphere (humid or salty mainly), then you may want to take off the hand guards and give it a cleaning and light wipe down with some oil but it really isn't much an issue.

Those are the two I use. Tried a couple other ways and didn't like them as much.

Yeah if your sidearm is holstered around 12-2 (or 10-12 as well) such as appendix carry then bringing the rifle straight down can cause it to be in the way of drawing the pistol. More an issue if your caught with a CC set up since pretty much every rifle set up doesn't have the pistol that far forward.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456