Thread: brand new trijicon date code JUNE 2008?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

brand new trijicon date code JUNE 2008?

normally, i wouldn't think of starting a post like this... but i figured i'd gather a general consensus. just ordered a BRAND NEW trijicon reflex from what will remain as an unnamed authorized dealer at this time. first off, is this acceptable in you guys' opinions? considering there is a limit on the life of tritium and the fact that the optic is already four years old irks me a bit. secondly, the dealer shipped it with NO invoice, receipt, packing slip, etc. pretty sorry, if you ask me. luckily, i have email conformations, etc. but none of them contain any serial numbers, etc. do you guys think i should act on this or let it slide?
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When it comes to things like tritium and useful life measured in years, and this was bought NEW, then heck yeah I'd pitch a fit...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I had a brand new HD sight go bad and the first thing the rep did was look at the date code on the top of the front blade. I'd be sending that little puppy back and asking for the "new" sight that I had paid for.
    We are the first Warrior class in any Civilization to be provided with weapons and no belief system...... Dave Smith

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Considering I have an acog I bought back in 2005 that is dead to the point you can't tell it ever had tritium in it, yes I would send it back right away.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

Given the LACK of paperwork that came with it, it sounds pretty SHADY to me!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Came in box with all trij paperwork, etc. It's a legit product, just seems to have been sitting around a while.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Maybe sit time has no effect on it? I would email the manufacturer and ask, include your order info.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgraves1107 View Post
    Maybe sit time has no effect on it? I would email the manufacturer and ask, include your order info.
    Tritium has a specific life span. I'd return it for a more recent manufacture date.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    From http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/warranty.php

ACOG® Crossbow Scope, ACOG®, Reflex, RMR™ (Dual-Illuminated Version), AccuPoint® and TriPower:
    The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for fifteen (15) years in fiber optic scopes and ten (10) years in non-fiber optic scopes from date of original manufacture.

also as a side note http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_Reflex.php

In August 2011, we changed the coating on the Trijicon Reflex as part of a product improvement initiative. The current Reflex sights will have a black finish, while the older Reflex has more of a grey finish. Even though the color is different, both sights are authentic Trijicon Reflex sights.
    Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At