Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MARLIN CAN BE SO NICE WITH SOME LOVE

Feedback Score
    The gun in the pics has had a great deal of work on it and in it.

To the crown the depth keeps it protected if you were to drop it and I cut 4 inches off of the barrel it had to be crowned.

The gun got my full attention in and out I cut the lop down , fit a pad, action work, sight work, sling mounts, internal work to slick the action and refinish the stocks in a hand oil.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been thinking about having something done very similar to what this one looks like. I love the straight stock and was wondering if it were possible to add a big loop lever to it instead of the small one that comes with that stock? Not a big huge lever but the size that Marlin has.

Feedback Score
    It can be done but getting the part can be a little tuff at times.
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm actively looking for a rifle and as soon as I get the one I'm looking for it will be on it's way to you for just a bit of work!!

Feedback Score
    What caliber do you want for you rifle?
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    45/70 is what I'm looking for. I've been on gunbroker and checked out a couple of local Gun dealers. Once I find a good candidate then I'll get it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    The gun in the pics has had a great deal of work on it and in it.

To the crown the depth keeps it protected if you were to drop it and I cut 4 inches off of the barrel it had to be crowned.

The gun got my full attention in and out I cut the lop down , fit a pad, action work, sight work, sling mounts, internal work to slick the action and refinish the stocks in a hand oil.
    Thanks! Other than the crown and the stock looking not quite Marlin factory it's hard to see what's been done to a lever gun.
    Not to derail the thread but since we're talking about slicked actions and such... do you have any experience with the Wild West bear proof extractor and big loop lever? I've been thinking about adding them to my 336 but would appreciate the opinion of someone who knows their way around lever guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mallowpufft View Post
    Thanks! Other than the crown and the stock looking not quite Marlin factory it's hard to see what's been done to a lever gun.
    Not to derail the thread but since we're talking about slicked actions and such... do you have any experience with the Wild West bear proof extractor and big loop lever? I've been thinking about adding them to my 336 but would appreciate the opinion of someone who knows their way around lever guns.
    There both good parts if thy fit your job.
    I use the ejector all the time in the shop I think that is the part you are talking about.
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Feedback Score
    Are the best candidates to be worked on the older Marlins or are the newer Marlins gtg? Just wondering since it seems like people complain more about them since they were bought out my Remington's parent company which I cant think of right now.

Feedback Score
    Hands down the older guns are better over all but in the end I can get them were thy need to be old or new.
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast