Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR - Mike Pannone 2 Day Adv. Carbine - 3-10-12 Pueblo CO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MP01 View Post
    Sticks, my approach in other than beginner courses (which I haven't taught yet) is to address those things in the basic skills set that are being violated. If no violations occur I leave shooters to continue on other tasks.
    We talked about flash sight picture in the body mechanics block as well as on the modified 1/2 & 1/2 and talked about how to use and adjust optics during the zero and grouping exercises. Iron sights are a completely different exercise and are very time consuming so I left them alone or risk spending an entire day on zeroing both iron and optic. I have actually thought about running an iron sight only course but interest is about zero and with the tremendous reliability and durability of modern electro-optical sights the time is better served with the primary optic.

I hope that clears that up. It was an omission for efficiency not an oversight.

*The "rotate the rifle" thing is "tacticool" in my opinion.
    That is what I was trying to convey - Yours was an advanced course - not for the novice.

Now I need to start kicking the wife's Jeep out of the garage so I can at least go through the physical motions of some of your teachings (gonna have the PD show up if I do them in the back yard, no room in the house).

Thanks for answering the "Tacticool" thing.

ETA - As far as Irons, maybe a drill to have a transition to irons in the middle by removing RDS with the QR mounts or honor system and turn off the RDS. Shit happens when you don't want it to, like me forgetting to turn mine back on after lunch at the beginning of a timed drill.
    Last edited by Sticks; 03-16-12 at 04:50.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score

FINALLY - more pics

Here is a phase by phase of me doing the "S" drill.

Start: Strong side

Transition to support side

Firing from kneeling support side

Transition to kneeling strong side:

Firing strong side kneeling

Transition to secondary kneeling

Firing secondary kneeling

Transition to reverse prone

Firing reverse prone
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123