Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: M4A1 featureless build

Feedback Score
    More progress on the build. Lower arrived today. DD lite rail was shipped. Ordered charging handle and gas block from BCM. Going to send bcg, upper, and charging handle into wdmguns to be Nickle Boron coated along with my glock 21sf once the BCM package arrives.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primeform View Post
    Decided to have the upper, BCG, and charging handle nickel boron coated and run it without lube. I feel this will increase dependability especially in the sand and dust that can stick to lube. I also like the low maintenance and easy cleaning.
    Tagged to see what happens next. M4C is definitely the clan of dumping a gallon of the flavor-of-the-month space lube 9000 through the ejection port and never cleaning your carbine. Frankly, I don't know why no one's head has burst over the talk of flat springs, CS and clipping coils. I keep looking out the window to see if pigs are flying.

I think you have an open mind. I say go for it. I am thrilled to see how this all comes out.
    I do not ride to work in a helicopter or pretend to have insider information from my fifth cousin's friend about Delta Force, although I once served with a SEAL unit at Fort Monroe. It was a wedding party and I was 10. And no, I have not stopped talking about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfltackdriver View Post
    Tagged to see what happens next. M4C is definitely the clan of dumping a gallon of the flavor-of-the-month space lube 9000 through the ejection port and never cleaning your carbine. Frankly, I don't know why no one's head has burst over the talk of flat springs, CS and clipping coils. I keep looking out the window to see if pigs are flying.

I think you have an open mind. I say go for it. I am thrilled to see how this all comes out.
    Thanks for stoppin by tfl. Im actually a little suprised myself more traditional members havent jumped all over this thread either. I was expecting a few comments like "just buy a colt" or what not. But actually all of the comments and information I have gotten have been either informative, helpful, or positive. My build has changed quit a bit since I first posted on the forum, and that was the point of this thread. Use other members input to help create the right rifle for ME. I think people get to worked up about what others are doing and forget one of the main advantages of the ar-15 platform. That you can customize it to YOUR specifications. If you think the guys here are bad you should see what stock Glock guys think about what I did to my 21sf!

I guess this is a good time for an update. Sent the barrel out to a calguns member down in modesto to have the battlecomp pinned and welded. Small delay because neither of us thought about sending the barrel nut and gas block as well... Still waiting for the buffer tube to arrive and a few glock parts before I can send them off to WMDguns for the Nickle Boron coating. The 45 degree ambi safety is still on backorder so I cant start my lower build until it arrives. Only things left to buy are grips, stock, optics, and sling. But I figure those can all wait until I get the upper and lower assembled. Plus WMDguns says its 4 weeks + turnaround on the coating so I have plenty of time.

Feedback Score

Build pics

Any build pics yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blue5t1050 View Post
    Any build pics yet?
    Just unassembled parts still. Sending all my parts into WMDguns next week once the glock parts arrive. Then a few weeks until they are coated and returned. Still looking at a month until the build.

Feedback Score
    Finally assembled this thing. Heres a quick pic from the cell phone. Ill go over alot more information about the build when I have some more time.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfltackdriver View Post
    Tagged to see what happens next. M4C is definitely the clan of dumping a gallon of the flavor-of-the-month space lube 9000 through the ejection port and never cleaning your carbine.
    I don't know about using space lube, but.... I do drown carbines (yes, I'm in dry, windy, sandy conditions) in oil - motor oil, Ballistol, whatever oil I can lay my hands on.

This may explain why my carbine doesn't malfunction, even though it is covered in gritty dust after being carried all day beside me in a vehicle.

I don't know what to say, but running an AR dry is really a bad idea, no matter what space age coating you have on it.

Oh, huh... this is pretty interesting... Oh, never mind Vickers doesn't know what he is talking about, I'm sure...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=111767
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 09-18-12 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post
    I don't know about using space lube, but.... I do drown carbines (yes, I'm in dry, windy, sandy conditions) in oil - motor oil, Ballistol, whatever oil I can lay my hands on.

This may explain why my carbine doesn't malfunction, even though it is covered in gritty dust after being carried all day beside me in a vehicle.

I don't know what to say, but running an AR dry is really a bad idea, no matter what space age coating you have on it.

Oh, huh... this is pretty interesting... Oh, never mind Vickers doesn't know what he is talking about, I'm sure...

It wouldn't be M4C without someone with poor reading comprehension over reacting and using Larry Vickers to beat someone over the head.

This guy is trying something different, so I'm interested to see how it works out for him. If you re-read my post, you'll see that more than anything, I was expressing surprise that everyone had been so constructive and hadn't just blasted him the way you did. You don't know everything and neither do I. Certainly, neither one of us is Larry Vickers. I never called Vickers' method or yours into question and, in fact, only noted that it was the prevailing "way" here.
    I do not ride to work in a helicopter or pretend to have insider information from my fifth cousin's friend about Delta Force, although I once served with a SEAL unit at Fort Monroe. It was a wedding party and I was 10. And no, I have not stopped talking about it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSierra View Post

lold!
    Last edited by primeform; 12-22-16 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    Finally decided on my optics setup and going to buy it for myself as an xmas present. I want an ACOG with mid range magnification, good eye relief, and large field of view, and the adjustable LED. I decided on the 3.5x35 covered all of that even though its a larger profile. I also want a backup red dot since it will be a fixed magnification optic. Considered the models with the red dot mounted on top but wast a fan of the sight being that high or tall of a profile. Also they dont make it in the 3.5x35 so it made the decision easier to go for the offset adapter. Green horseshoe.

Trijicon ACOG, 3.5x35, Green LED Illuminated, .223 Horseshoe/Dot Reticle

Trijicon RM02 RMR 6.5 MOA LED

Trijicon Rail Offset Adapter for RMR

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456