Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4A1 featureless build

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    But after watching a few videos I feel its something I can handle.
    Watch a few more. Rifle length receiver extensions don't use a castle nut.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GTifosi View Post
    Watch a few more. Rifle length receiver extensions don't use a castle nut.
    Yes i recently switched to the a1 in order to use the monsterman grip. thanks for the smart ass comment tho made me laugh
    Last edited by primeform; 03-11-12 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'd say don't waste the money on a tritium AR sight. Especially if you're going to have an optic anyways.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'd say don't waste the money on a tritium AR sight. Especially if you're going to have an optic anyways.
    Are you guys against the troy sights or just getting the tritium version?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by primeform View Post
    Are you guys against the troy sights or just getting the tritium version?
    Troy makes fine stuff. But if you're using an optic get the non tritium sights and spend the tritium $ on a light and mount. I think a Surefire G2 (led) with mount would run roughly the cost difference of tritium and be infinitely more useful in the long run.

Or before you start barfcoming it up with every damn accessory that you probably don't need just keep your build simple and spend $$ on ammo and a class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by primeform View Post
    Yes i recently switched to the a1 in order to use the monsterman grip. thanks for the smart ass comment tho made me laugh
    Yeah, that did come off a little harsher than intended.
    I was just coming back through to edit it, but obviously its a wee bit late for that.

The point I was so skillfully trying to make was that if you were thinking a castle nut would be used on a rifle tube then mabe the videos weren't cutting it and you may want to do more research in general so as to prevent something being assembled in a risky fashion.

+1 for not getting tritium sights.
    Unless you plan on doing around 50% of your shooting in low to no light levels they are just going to be an expensive novelty.
    A bit tedious to get zero'd exactly how you want too.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Troy sights are good, I have them and really like them. But like others have said, you'll be much better served with a light than tritium on an AR.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I've had a few Fenix lights and they're nowhere near the quality I'd want to mount on a carbine not to mention the switching is weird on most of them. The TK21 is a huge light to mount on your carbine. I've mounted Surefire lights for a few years and they hold up although the older G2s can start to have problems with their switches after a lot of knocking around.

Dedicated, purpose built weapon lights are probably the best answer but are a little pricey. Getting something like a Surefire 6P, a newer G2 etc and a mount is a viable option and a little cheaper. I like the Vltor quick release light mount. You want something with momentary push for on and twist for constant on. You don't want multiple outputs on a weapon light.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 03-11-12 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I've had a few Fenix lights and they're nowhere near the quality I'd want to mount on a carbine not to mention the switching is weird on most of them. The TK21 is a huge light to mount on your carbine. I've mounted Surefire lights for a few years and they hold up although the older G2s can start to have problems with their switches after a lot of knocking around.

Dedicated, purpose built weapon lights are probably the best answer but are a little pricey. Getting something like a Surefire 6P, a newer G2 etc and a mount is a viable option and a little cheaper. I like the Vltor quick release light mount. You want something with momentary push for on and twist for constant on. You don't want multiple outputs on a weapon light.

For a sling get a VTAC or Blue Force Gear VCAS. Single point slings are for breaching shotguns.
    good response thanks. will look into the 2 slings you recommended. to be honest i dont care much about having a light on the rifle at first and is not a real priority. But I do appriciate the advice on it and will research it more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mallowpufft View Post
    Troy makes fine stuff. But if you're using an optic get the non tritium sights and spend the tritium $ on a light and mount. I think a Surefire G2 (led) with mount would run roughly the cost difference of tritium and be infinitely more useful in the long run.

Or before you start barfcoming it up with every damn accessory that you probably don't need just keep your build simple and spend $$ on ammo and a class.
    Sounds good will go with the basic troy flip up sights. Money isnt of the biggest concern, but of course its always a consideration in life. I will invest in plenty of ammo and a class no matter what components I decide to put on my rifle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast