Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M4A1 featureless build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    If it was me I would remove as many gimmicky parts as possible on this build and stay with what has worked for Uncle Sam for 50 years- if you have a rifle length tube you use a rifle spring and a rifle buffer- it makes it so much easier to diagnose problems when you can swap standard part for standard part. It is cheaper and in this case better. Geissele makes a fine trigger and I wouldn't monkey with that either.
    good reasoning but lots of people have success with and really like the st buffer. If I were going to stick with rifle length what buffer would you recommend? Going to call Tubb and see what they say as well. I do like the idea of if its not broke dont fix it. But the cs springs that tubbs makes are superior in all ways to the ones uncle sams been using.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    If you use a carbine buffer in rifle length tube it will allow the BCG to travel far enough back for the gas key to start striking your upper receiver and charging handle- not a good situation to have steel hammering on aluminum in this circumstance.
    Yes, but the reason is because the carbine buffer is shorter. Even with the longer rifle spring its still not long enough. If you put a small buffer in or longer spring it would work fine. So unless someone has a reason why rifle length spring/buffer is better than carbine length spring/buffer then it comes down to personal preference of the spikes buffer.

Feedback Score
    Upper and Geiselle trigger arrived.

Feedback Score
    vltor did exactly what I was talking about and made a custom sized buffer to work without the spacer and a rifle spring. I have no use for a collapsable stock so going to just order a normal daniel defense a2 rifle buffer for now. When the spikes buffer spacer becomes available again or if i can get a custom space made ill try the ST-T2 buffer and give a solid comparison.
    Last edited by primeform; 03-14-12 at 01:03.

Feedback Score
    Found a spacer just like the spikes one for 8 bux instead of 30 from mstn. Going to buy 2 springs from Tubbs and cut one down a few coils so I can try both the rifle buffer and spikes carbine t2 buffer.

I also talked to a Tubbs tech today and he stated the trigger springs work great for geissele ssa triggers so I will pick them up to compare as well.

Feedback Score
    Found a good demonstration video about how the A-DAC-F lower receiver works if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxPmsIesJu8

Feedback Score
    G&R Tactical LPK finally came back in stock so the build is back underway. Still waiting for the 45 degree ambi safety that wont be in stock until april then I can build the lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primeform View Post
    G&R Tactical LPK finally came back in stock so the build is back underway. Still waiting for the 45 degree ambi safety that wont be in stock until april then I can build the lower.
    Where did you find a GandR LPK ? I keep seeing it as out of stock? I have been checking daily for months. I want to buy a couple. This one correct?
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...&keywords=kits

I have a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger I am going to install on my BCM Recce . My question is.. why are you changing the springs? Maybe I missed it earlier..
    Last edited by TunaFisherman; 03-24-12 at 01:01.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFisherman View Post
    Where did you find a GandR LPK ? I keep seeing it as out of stock? I have been checking daily for months. I want to buy a couple. This one correct?
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...&keywords=kits

I have a Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced Trigger I am going to install on my BCM Recce . My question is.. why are you changing the springs? Maybe I missed it earlier..
    Thanks for stopping by my tread. You might want to send an email to sales at G&R and check on availability. They get stock in and sell it so fast to other distributors that it doesnt seem they keep up with it. I wouldnt annoy him or mention me, but I had the same problem you did by checking the website.

As for the tubb trigger springs, I want to try them for myself. The only valid reasoning I have to changing to the Tubbs trigger springs is because they only wear 7% over 1 million compressions. They are made of same thing car valve springs which can go for a million repetitions with out failing. David states that the main advantage, other then outliving your rifle, is that your trigger will maintain the SAME pull characteristics its entire life. While conventional trigger springs will degenerate with use causing a "different" feel whatever that may be. Also, you can install the match trigger, which can make your first stage even heavier while keeping a very light second stage. Otherwise the first stage might be too light for a service or defense rifle. Ill most likely end up going back to the stock springs, but these come with the combo pack of springs im buying, so I might as well give them a try. Otherwise Ill sell them to someone running a stock 2 stage trigger or something. Sorry for the long explanation..
    Last edited by primeform; 03-24-12 at 02:14.

Feedback Score
    Decided to have the upper, BCG, and charging handle nickel boron coated and run it without lube. I feel this will increase dependability especially in the sand and dust that can stick to lube. I also like the low maintenance and easy cleaning.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast