Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commander, Roadhouse, or CQC 8?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Commander, Roadhouse, or CQC 8?

Lets here it!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Out of the three it would be the roadhouse for me. Although I really like the horsemen(the mini cqc 8)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody knows View Post
    Out of the three it would be the roadhouse for me. Although I really like the horsemen(the mini cqc 8)
    I've been wondering why the Roadhouse costs $50 more than the other two?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Who know why Emerson prices his knives the way he does, he doesn't exactly use premium materials. And his grind's leave a lot to be desired by some. It could be that It's the newest model of the three, or it could just be he's preping people now for the gradual rise in pricing we will see on all his new knives in the future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm also looking at a Sebenza 21....but I'm a little worried about messing that up on duty..
    Last edited by forgiven; 02-20-12 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I carry a CQC-13 that I picked up for $100 used(and by used it was used to cut a piece of rope once a year before) about six months ago. That said, I have always loved the Commander, think it is one of the prettiest knives out there for a folder and use to carry one for about five years. Can't speak to the pricing, never paid retail for their blades, though I do think highly of them, A local gun store to me is an Emerson dealer now and has them in the $170-200 range, no worse then Benchmade in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My preference would go as follows:
    Roadhouse
    Commander

To be honest, I love my mini 15 as much as a roadhouse. Both rock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have all three. I like them all. If I had to pick only one, it would be the cqc8. It Is MY OPINION that the 8's blade design is much more useful.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

roadhouse Super:)

Had the RH for two months and lost it. Then got the RH Super - no going back. Best EDC I've ever had (I'm 60, so I've been carrying a knife for 50 years:).

I'm not an Emerson fanboy - so I don't know their terminology. Having said that - the RH and SRH are part of something like their "prestige" series (again - or something like that) - hence the increased price. A little more care and finishing goes into them - or is supposed to, at least. Perhaps this is in response to Errornet comments on Emerson quality over the years - or lack thereof:)

Again - I like the Super Roadhouse so much - I'll be getting a second one! And short of getting drones/trainers - I NEVER get a second knife - so that says something:)

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    At first I carried a CQC-8, then moved over to the Horseman. I really love that knife. In fact it's on me right now. But I bought a Roadhouse just to check it out and it's in the safe right now. But I gotta admit the Roadhouse is the coolest Emerson I have. It's a really sexy blade and fits very well in the hand.

I'd be happy with either.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

JHP's are good times, for bad people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast