Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AK74 Magazines

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but does anyone know what magazines will work with a Norinco 84S with out heavy modifications? 5.56 Tantal, Galil, Yugo M85 ? Arik mentioned the Bulgarian 5.45 magazines would work but do you have to change the follower?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Polish Tantal metal parkerized, 29.95ea @ APEX http://www.apexgunparts.com/ak-all-m...wz88-ak74.html

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have tried the Tantal mag and it will lock in. Don't know about function as it is 5.45, but I will give it a shot along with a couple of Bulgarian 5.56 mags that lock in too. I have 10 Bulgarian 5.56 magazines and some lock in the Norinco better than others. I also tried a Galil mag and its not even close to fitting. More to follow.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can't go wrong with Bulgarian Circle 10's, 21's or 25's, but the best are still Izzy, I thin circle 10 ak has izzy 5.45 mags for under 30. The one issue I have have with the Bulgarian mags is they are bit more finicky for reloading because the lip is much smaller, its easier to miss the shelf inside the receiver as opposed to the izzy mags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    Sorry to bring back an old thread but does anyone know what magazines will work with a Norinco 84S with out heavy modifications? 5.56 Tantal, Galil, Yugo M85 ? Arik mentioned the Bulgarian 5.45 magazines would work but do you have to change the follower?
    I've tried the Galil and M85 and neither work. The Bulgarian 5.56x45 waffles mostly worked, but I did have a few misfeeds. So, I decided to stick with the original Norinco mags since they work 100%.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345