Thread: New upper(NOT a Tweeter update) Comments & Criticisms welcome.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

New upper(NOT a Tweeter update) Comments & Criticisms welcome.

My 300BLK upper finally came together. This project is just an additional upper for my Noveske SBR lower. Maybe one day I'll file paperwork so it can stay complete... Maybe not. Anyway, specs:

The upper & rail are limited production from Knight's Armament's now ended Christmas program on another forum. They're basically the same as the KAC/Magpul SE rifles. The upper has a dove-tailed in rear sight, the rail has the spring-loaded front sight.

Barrel is a 12" 300 BLACKOUT from Noveske. It was dimpled and coated by Marvin Pitts.

BCM BCG & Gunfighter charging handle.

Out front is a KAC URX LW handstop and KAC panels. I cut the panels to fit, removed the clips, drilled & counter-sunk holes and stippled them. They're held on with the same weld nuts that hold Magpul poly rails in place. The right side panel was also trimmed to accommodate the light mount.

Light is a Surefire M300A Mini Scout on a Haley Strategic / IWC DropWing mount. I can't say enough good things about this mount and it's seemingly endless mounting possibilities. You'll note that in my uncommon application it is mounted to the rail-less area in order to clear the suppressor. Pressure switch is routed to the left and pinned down between the upper rail & the side rail panel.

Optic is an Aimpoint T1 on a KAC mount. KAC Battery cap.

Can is AAC 762-SDN-6 which is mounted to a 51T Blackout flash hider.

Overall I'm pleased with the ergonomics and the operation. I doubt much will change but I welcome your comments & criticisms.
    Don't hold back.

*Yes, I'm aware that in the first picture the T1 is missing an adjustment cap.*

"A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    Out front is a KAC URX LW handstop and KAC panels. I cut the panels to fit, removed the clips, drilled & counter-sunk holes and stippled them. They're held on with the same weld nuts that hold Magpul poly rails in place. The right side panel was also trimmed to accommodate the light mount.

I like what you did with the rail covers.
    Nice work.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com