Thread: Requesting pics of groups

Feedback Score

Requesting pics of groups

Has there been a thread started showing how well the rifles here at shooting a 100 yds? If not, can some of you guys post what your rifles are doing with factory SD ammo? 10 shot groups would be best.

The reason I am asking for this, is that I want to get a better 'feel' for what typical results will be for mil-type/non-match type rifles set-ups sporting 16" to 20" barrels.
    Last edited by urbankaos04; 03-14-12 at 23:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have never seen a thread like that but just for argument sake 100 yards means nothing at all. Load testing should be done at 200 yards minimum and 300 is better.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    I completely understand what you are saying. I'm just requesting this in order to have something to compare against.
    Last edited by urbankaos04; 03-15-12 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    No threads like this around, you can search for a few of Trident82's posts for some good info and i am sure i've come across a few other members/posts with good info/results as well.

Try searching the site in google like this: " SEARCH TOPIC site:m4carbine.net " a better way to search.

I am game. Looking forward to seeing more results as well.

Disclaimer: I am not as good as i originally thought, caught myself flinching last time out, so I am sure there is much room for improvement in my groups. Sorry if i've convinced anyone I was better.

Albiet, i've been spending more time practicing dot drills lately...

5 Shots:

10 shots:

For fun
    Cold bore shot on a quarter:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not in the habit of shooting paper or taking pictures of my groups so I don't have that many pictures, but here's a picture of a typical group from my BCM MK12 with 77GR SMK's. 10 shots - 100 yards. Bipod, no rear bag, shoulder supported.

Feedback Score
    H&K MR308 + ACOG, bipod, no rear bag. Typical ten shot groups at 100m with the cheapest new factory ammunition, .308win Sako Range 123grs. Group size in MOA 1,2 and 1,5 including fliers by me. Sub-MOA without the fliers.

Last edited by Jippo; 03-16-12 at 10:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    I have never seen a thread like that but just for argument sake 100 yards means nothing at all. Load testing should be done at 200 yards minimum and 300 is better.
    Unforutnately, many of us won't have easy access to ranges with more than 100yds.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    This was shot with a Noveske 16" N4 Recce with a Leupold 1.5x5 Mk4 Optic.

Not really what you would call a precision rig.
    Shot from prone with a bipod.
    Ammo was PPU 75gr Match

I did this to record my dope for the BDC on the optic. Black bullseye is 8" diameter.

Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Unforutnately, many of us won't have easy access to ranges with more than 100yds.
    That sucks
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse