Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first rifle and build :)

Feedback Score

My first rifle and build :)

I have wanted an Ar for some time now and I would have probably ended up with a Bushmaster if a friend did not mention building one. I am into cars and love making them my own style so building my own Ar really sparked my intrest. I then started to save money and lurk on this site as well as others and grabbed every Ar oriented magazine at the store. The brand that I kept seeing over and over was BCM so I looked more and more into BCM and decided that I wanted a mid length BCM. My friend gave me his friends number that has built many Ar-15s so I was able to pick his brain about anything I still had in question. So a few days after that phone call parts started showing up at my door. I think he is a member on here but not sure of his username. So I thank him and everyone on here for all the great info that helped me build my very first Ar-15

Now for the list and pictures.

*BCM Standard 14.5" Mid Length Light weight upper with A2X flash hider
    *BCM auto BCG
    *BCM Gunfighter charging handle (Mod 4)
    *BCM buffer tube kit with H buffer
    *Daniel Defense A1.5 BUIS
    *Magpul Pmag 30 (x2)
    *Magpul MOE grip
    *Magpul MOE trigger guard
    *Magpul MOE handguard
    *Stag Arms lower parts kit
    *Vltor Carbine Modstock
    *Noveske QD end plate
    *IWC QD micro flush QD sling mount
    *LRB Arms stripped lower
    *Primary arms Micro Dot
    *CMMG SS .22LR drop in conversion (for the low cost all day shooting )

Ok ok now the pictures...

Any comments or advise is greatly appreciated.

And picture of said car

EDIT: This build was mostly funded by my fiance who is also into guns. It is a birthday gift from her to me(and her) and our birthdays are in july. So I have finished and tested the rifle but it will be july before I have too many more updates in this thread but I will post when I can. After shooting it for the first time my fiance and I are now both giddy about shooting again in july.
    Last edited by ProfessorZ; 03-13-12 at 13:32.

Feedback Score
    I am appreciate this post a lot. I am coming into the AR/firearm world from the car world as well and love that I can custom "tune" anything on my AR to my liking.

I like the build! It looks like you got some solid help and advise on your rifle. I hope it serves you well.

Any reason for not going with the CHF barrel?

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Looks like a good AR. I used to be into imports...nice 'lude!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Is the castle nut staked? It didn't appear to be in the pics.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Do you have a sling? If not, track down a vcas with sewn in qd attachments. Also, go ahead and grab a good white light and mount. Iwc makes a good one for the moe or you could grab an elzetta. As IG said, stake that castlenut. Lastly, I'd grab a better FCG to have on hand. Otherwise, nice stick.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A Chinese knockoff RDS like the Primary Arms micro-dot on a high round-count centerfire rifle has a higher likelihood of ultimately being a disappointment to you than a real RDS like an Aimpoint or Eotech.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    A Chinese knockoff RDS like the Primary Arms micro-dot on a high round-count centerfire rifle has a higher likelihood of ultimately being a disappointment to you than a real RDS like an Aimpoint or Eotech.
    ah... missed this. yeah... don't get that optic. grab an aimpoint.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Looks nice, man. How much did you spend if you don't mind?

I third getting an Aimpoint over....well any other RDS.
    Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +eleventy on aimpoint.

Nice stance on Honda.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Primary Arms red dot on my medium-quality Mak-90 that I have had for 15 years and re-outfitted last year with new stock, Ultimak, and mentioned sight. It is fine on an occasional shooter, but does compare to the T-1 on my 6920. If your rifle will be used for HD/ fighting rifle, get the Aimpoint.
    "Restricting the rights of free and law-abiding Americans is not a solution to anything, and only makes government and its force more powerful."
    -Gary Johnson

Owner of Wildwood Custom Woodworking, F-Class Rifle Stock Builder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast