Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hassle Glock untill ejection issue is fixed

Feedback Score

Hassle Glock untill ejection issue is fixed

Everybody, I mean everybody (who is having Glock issues) should be calling Glock and asking for Doug Robinson (phone answering manager) and William Carmichael (armor manager) by name and hassling them until the ejection problem is fixed. William is also one of the head managers. I have been talking to him and Doug since September last year to try and get my 4 Gen 3 9mm pistols fixed, and have sent my guns back and fourth many times. All of my guns still kick brass at me often (even with the updated ejector). Glock needs to be pushed into a solution by customer complaints. The only way this is going to happen is by continually calling them and complaining. As soon as you mention one or both of these names, the attitude of who ever you are talking too changes.

If we do not call and complain, Glock will continue to think that it is not a problem. If you have an issue, or still have an issue after sending it in for repair please let them know.

Glock (770) 432-1202
    Last edited by Freerunner; 05-23-12 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    That's an excellent suggestion, but the main reason the problem hasn't been dealt with properly is that Glock is selling 35K units a month. In other words, they are selling pistols as fast as they can make them, even though they are shipping a bunch of guns that are way below par. Based on those kinds of numbers, they probably don't really care about fixing their mess...
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 05-23-12 at 18:52.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerunner View Post
    If we do not call and complain, Glock will continue to think that it is not a problem. I
    Pretty sure Glock knows it's a problem. They don't care enough to do anything about it. A common issue in manufacturing today.

Feedback Score
    It seems like a concentrated effort in the public domain would be a decent way to get some response from Glock Inc. However, nobody knows actually how widespread the issue is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think another part of the problem is that some of these issues don't pop up right away. For example, my 2010 Gen 3 has been problematic from the start, but my 2012 Gen 4 seemed better until a couple weeks ago. It was ejecting pretty well at first and it wasn't till around ~1000 rounds that it started kicking more brass into my face.

A lot of my buddies love their glocks and m&ps but haven't shot them more than a hand full of times and haven't shot them out past 7 yards, so they're completely oblivious to the potential problems their guns might be hiding.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    That's an excellent suggestion, but the main reason the problem hasn't been dealt with properly is that Glock is selling 35K units a month. In other words, they are selling pistols as fast as they can make them, even though they are shipping a bunch of guns that are way below par. Based on those kinds of numbers, they probably don't really care about fixing their mess...
    Bingo.

To add to this, I am of the opinion that Glock simply does not know how to fix it (to be brutally honest).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avengd7x View Post
    A lot of my buddies love their glocks and m&ps but haven't shot them more than a hand full of times and haven't shot them out past 7 yards, so they're completely oblivious to the potential problems their guns might be hiding.
    Also a good point. While the breadth of the issue isn't known, most folks won't even bother, simply because they purchase a Glock, shoot 50 rounds, and call it good.

My newest gen4 G26 is the only gen4 that has flung brass 6 o'clock. I wear a hat for this reason...and it isn't a big deal for me. I really like Glock pistols, and erratic ejections aren't enough to make me invest a large sum of money into a platform switch. Glock will either get squared away, most likely due to a failed LE contract with problem guns, or Randy Lee will get things running smoothly.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The fascinating Mr. Lee will pull through with a fix.
    Last edited by Rattlehead; 05-23-12 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To add to this, I am of the opinion that Glock simply does not know how to fix it (to be brutally honest)

Turn back the clock and do whatever they were doing for 23 years before 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    The fascinating Mr. Lee will pull through with a fix.
    Sad that it has to come to that.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Bingo.

To add to this, I am of the opinion that Glock simply does not know how to fix it (to be brutally honest).

C4
    i think this is truly the heart of the matter.

even the internet itself is solving things on a case by case basis and via trial by error

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast