Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by charmcitycop View Post
    For what reason? I am on the swat team in a large metro PD. Most of us shoot at least 2-3 thousand rounds through our issues G22s a month & I cannot imagine having the time, let alone the inclination to do a detail strip & clean every range session.
    I wish we could get that type of firing schedule, we're lucky to get a range every month.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlobb View Post
    AGAIN!?! Where do you find these people? j/k

Some just don't give a shit. Strange....
    On the range. This latest GEN 2 belonged to a Cop.

C4

Feedback Score
    Back in the day when I was an operational member of Delta Force for 15 years I would never dream of shooting 2-3000 rds in a month and never clean my weapon -regardless of what I was shooting

But hey I was never in a big city SWAT team so I probably should just shut the **** up right?

LAV

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    On the range. This latest GEN 2 belonged to a Cop.

C4

WOW!!! In my minds eye I envisioned some pecker wood, hobbyist shooter. Not a Cop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmcitycop View Post
    For what reason? I am on the swat team in a large metro PD. Most of us shoot at least 2-3 thousand rounds through our issues G22s a month & I cannot imagine having the time, let alone the inclination to do a detail strip & clean every range session.
    Reading what LAV said in response to your question made me feel great! I am just a civilian, and my cheap and easy insurance policy of cleaning after typical use ensures my weapon always works!

I want to remain a taxpaying, law abiding citizen that can care for his family every day and night.

I'm sure LAV also wanted to retire from SF military service and come home to his family too. So he bought this cheap and easy insurance policy too.

Clean your Glocks people. That's the whole point of this thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There always has been and always will be the two kinds of shooters.
    Those who clean after every range trip....like me...and those that dont. And one cant understand the other.
    NEEDED or not, before my weapons are retired to the safe, drawer, bedroom, wherever...they are properly cleaned and lubed, period.
    Ive actually TRIED not to do this, and I could not sleep at all one night untill I got my LMT AR back out of the safe, and gave her a good going over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lightbulb

Last edited by charmcitycop; 09-21-13 at 15:39. Reason: ........

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlobb View Post
    WOW!!! In my minds eye I envisioned some pecker wood, hobbyist shooter. Not a Cop.
    Lots if cops are just not gun people. Some of their duty guns can be scary.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grant,

I want to thank you for starting this thread. My gen 2 / 19 had been pelting me in the face (even after coming back from Smyrna) on an obnoxiously consistent basis. So much so that i stopped shooting it and almost sold it cheap. Following the full detail cleaning of the slide, FPS, extractor, (which had nasty shit and brass shavings up in there) I'm back from the range after 200+ rounds of Blazer Brass, Aguila, and some Ranger T's with ZERO brass to the noggin. Extraction patterns were sporadic in true Glock fashion, but nothing to the forehead, nose, or eyes.

The guys in Smyrna should be doing this for every non-recall gun that comes in with straight back extraction issues.
    Last edited by royal; 05-28-12 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 2008 Austrian Gen 3 spits brass in my face, but it doesn't have more than a couple hundred rounds through it because I can't stand shooting it and getting pelted in the face.. I'll detail strip it, maybe it's full of factory anti-seize gunk.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast