Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have been inspired. Did mine yesterday and cleaned some gunk out of the fps and extractor. hoping this was the cause of cases to the face.

Never realized it was so easy to do....
    Last edited by pr1042; 05-30-12 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    This thread crossed my mind yesterday. I was meeting with a "gun guy" and he was telling me his vast knowledge of Glocks when he quipped, "Well I haven't ever cleaned my Glock. I don't even oil it. These guns can run wet or dry."

I made an attempt to persuade him otherwise, but in the end, he was not swayed. Luckily he works for EMS and I won't need to rely on him for backup in the future.

I guess he must think cleaning supplies and kits are a conspiracy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Last week, a customer brought in his GEN 4 G19 because of reliability issues. The big one was the fact that the brass was hitting him in the face.

C4
    Who brings a gun to a store or smith for reliability issues without at least giving it a good cleaning, look over, perhaps spring changes, and basics first? Those must be true "WTF?" moments for you.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I started getting some brass in the face with my Gen4 G19 during my last range session at 1000 round count. Well, I detail stripped it and am headed to the range today for about 350 more rounds, so I am anxious to see how the detail strip/ clean versus a field strip/cleaning will do. Furthermore, I am still really new to the Glock platform and I was able to detail strip and reassemble with NO issues...aka, it is easy enough for anyone to do. Will provide post-range follow up...
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 06-02-12 at 10:13.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Good info

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112