Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmymiles View Post
    Maybe that explains why some guys are not having issues until higher round counts
    It could be, but I find it hard to believe that people are not cleaning these areas (especially when Glocks are so easy to take apart).

C4

Feedback Score
    Great pics, thanks for sharing Grant.

While I understand a reliable combat handgun can 'tolerate' minimum maintenance....I think anyone who carries a handgunfor a living or for life/death scenarios would at least do some preventive maintenance once in a while.

And as Grant nailed it earlier; with a design as basic and simple as Glocks....I don't see a reason why anyone wouldn't.

If it's for a range toy, I understand why one may slack in this part. But for anything mechanical, I always spend the extra 1-2 minutes occasionally to make sure everything is in working order before heading out if it's a serious use weapon.
    Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 03-17-12 at 17:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It could be, but I find it hard to believe that people are not cleaning these areas (especially when Glocks are so easy to take apart).

C4
    Grant, I doubt most users strip the slide as the procedure is not described in the manual..
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Grant, I doubt most users strip the slide as the procedure is not described in the manual..
    Understand, but at some point people need to venture outside of the manual.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree but remember, here on M-4, you are dealing with the one precenters of the gun community for the most part. I am sure the reason Glock does not recommend user service of the slide is the potential for lost parts like the FP Safety Spring or the potential for the extratctor plunger being put in backwards or the FP Safety Spring going in sideways.

If someone is going to attempt to strip the slide, they do need some good documentation or some minimal instruction as the potential to render the weapon in a less than 100% condition exists.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've done detail cleans or small repairs on maybe a couple dozen folks' glocks. Not that that's a ton by any stretch, but I've never seen remotely close to that level of gunk and grime. Very impressive. (Especially the brass shards)
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    I detail strip and clean my Glock after Every range session. I carry daily for 6-16 hours...I clean according to With Q-tips and Alcohol on all parts but the barrel. I normally don't advocate Rem-oil...but one drop on the barrel and worked all over. And a drop on each rail. And in between the sliding trigger mechanisms...and I do mean a tiny drop. I almost run dry. And will shoot ~250 rounds every range session. And the damnedest thing is, my barrel and slide, and rails look brand ****ing new! The Tennifer coating is still 100%...The only worn looking part is the extractor. I shoot dirty ass WWB and CCI blazer aluminum, Federal American eagle, and independence.

It's a Gen 3 23. It's got ~3000 rounds on it and I attribute it's retained newness to the fact it's always ran so dry, and allowed to let the Tennifer to do it's job...and not use oil to gather metallic gunk and grind the ****ing finish off.

It's just my $.02 but Glocks do not need to run wet like an AR bolt

Feedback Score
    I clean my guns every 8k rounds whether they need it or not.
    In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Grant! Thanks for cleaning my Glock but I didn't know you were gonna post photos!

I carry a G27 in my front pocket. Even w/o shooting cleaning is important. Pocket lint can be really nasty.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by !Nvasi0n View Post

It's a Gen 3 23. It's got ~3000 rounds on it and I attribute it's retained newness to the fact it's always ran so dry, and allowed to let the Tennifer to do it's job...and not use oil to gather metallic gunk and grind the ****ing finish off.

It's just my $.02 but Glocks do not need to run wet like an AR bolt
    That's ridiculous. You'd probably advocate not oiling your gun in the desert, too.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast