Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Not sure of my exact round counts but my gums are lubed. A drop or two on my bbls and rubbed all over it.. there isn't much finish left on large parts of my bbls but I don't care about that. Never have rust issues with it. And it is reliable. Kinda ugly but that's OK.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, I lube areas where there is metal on metal contact (no lube if it's plastic on plastic or plastic on metal) with a decent amount of oil - visible, but not dripping.

AR is the only weapon I have that gets it dripping.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    It could be, but I find it hard to believe that people are not cleaning these areas (especially when Glocks are so easy to take apart).

C4
    10 minutes is all it takes. I clean after every range trip. If that thing is going to be digging into my hip all the time i better be sure it's going to work.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Grant, I doubt most users strip the slide as the procedure is not described in the manual..
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Grant! Thanks for cleaning my Glock but I didn't know you were gonna post photos!

I carry a G27 in my front pocket. Even w/o shooting cleaning is important. Pocket lint can be really nasty.
    LOL, unless you have moved to OH, these aren't your guns.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you shoot a lot of Russian ammo with the nasty red primer sealant (as I do) in your Glocks, this is where stripping the slide periodocally becomes a good thing to do. The sealant WILL build up under the extractor and around the front of the firing pin channel.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    damn. I clean my SIG every 5000 rounds whether it needs it or not and it's never had the problems these Glocks are having...

never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    damn. I clean my SIG every 5000 rounds whether it needs it or not and it's never had the problems these Glocks are having...

Ya know, Glock has all these little channel, holes and indents setup to move debri, but I have to wonder if this doesn't just add to the problem.

If these channels weren't there (like on lots of other pistols), I have to wonder if they wouldn't be even more reliable.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ideal Conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
    I'm impressed that the second gun was still running in the condition it was in. Shows testament to the ability of the weapon to run under less than ideal conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Sorry Bro, but it's not like these Glocks just came out of the sandbox after a year in derka-stan. This is just complacency or ineptitude on the part of the owner. There is NO excuse to not maintain a tool that you would have to bet your life on when the chips are down.
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Feedback Score
    This is excellent, I'll be bringing my 2 Glocks up to your shop...NEXT WEEK!! Are you going to be open? There is a good detailed strip proceedure in Ptooma Productions "Complete Glock Reference Guide", a must have if yer into detailed strip or changing out triggers/springs etc....
    Seriously Grant, is your shop open to the public or do I need to make an appointment? Are there things from the website available in your shop? I want to come up from Columbus next week and I have time available to do it.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    This is excellent, I'll be bringing my 2 Glocks up to your shop...NEXT WEEK!! Are you going to be open? There is a good detailed strip proceedure in Ptooma Productions "Complete Glock Reference Guide", a must have if yer into detailed strip or changing out triggers/springs etc....
    Seriously Grant, is your shop open to the public or do I need to make an appointment? Are there things from the website available in your shop? I want to come up from Columbus next week and I have time available to do it.
    Thanks.
    We are appointment only so send us an e-mail with when you want to come in.

Everything on the website is in the store and there are also tons of things in the store that are NOT on the website.

C4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast