Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I can normally hit the range five days a week and do so. While I don't clean daily I've never allowed any build up like that.

At any rate it's good to see this thread in contrast to the threads or posts regarding people that clean their guns every umpteen thousand rounds.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to be in a position where I can normally hit the range five days a week and do so. While I don't clean daily I've never allowed any build up like that.

At any rate it's good to see this thread in contrast to the threads or posts regarding people that clean their guns every umpteen thousand rounds.
    Agree.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant, great post. What exactly does rounding the plunger do? Is it something you recommend for all Glocks? I've polished parts on some of my Glocks, but this is the first time I've seen the plunger get rounded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We are appointment only so send us an e-mail with when you want to come in.

Everything on the website is in the store and there are also tons of things in the store that are NOT on the website.

C4
    Hmmm, you mean you might have a Colt or BCM or DD rifle hidden somewhere in your shop? Sounds good, I'll drop an email when I want to come up. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eo500 View Post
    Grant, great post. What exactly does rounding the plunger do? Is it something you recommend for all Glocks? I've polished parts on some of my Glocks, but this is the first time I've seen the plunger get rounded.
    I'm not sure how familiar you are with the operation of the Glock but if you look at the mechanics of the trigger pull, the lug protruding up from the trigger bar contacts the plunger and pushes it up when the trigger is pulled. By rounding the plunger (from the factory it has more of a large chamfer) and polishing the part it makes the trigger pull smoother.

I never really minded the factory Glock plunger; makes a huge difference on the M&P in my opinion though.

Feedback Score
    I purchased my m&p 9mm used (I planned to replace quite a few parts, so I went used instead of new...couldn't see paying new price only to replace most of the items). The gun looked very clean when I received it, but when I stripped it I found the striker assembly was coated in black gunk and brass chips much like what Grant posted pics of. It took over a dozen q-tips to get the striker assembly area clean. The rest of the gun was clean, even the plunger, guess the previous owner forgot about the striker or was unfamiliar with how to remove it.

Feedback Score
    Palmguy, thanks I figured it was something like that. I appreciate the quick response.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is an example of extreme neglect, more than a maintainance issue. This Glock 27 was brought to me by one of our retired guys. The gun was rusted shut, with a live round in the chamber!

By streetdog262 at 2012-03-19

After getting the pistol cleared and field stripped, I sent it to Glock at the owners request for repair. Glock advised it was beyond repair.

He said he is not sure what happened. I think the cloth case he had it stored in got wet, most likely more than once.
    "Illinois, where political corruption is not just a way of life, it is the state motto".

Feedback Score
    good post ,grant! just confirms the obvious.
    i make it a habbit to clean my pistols after j every range run. maybe this is the main reason that my gen 4s run flawlessly.
    that and lubrication.
    Sigs... lots of them.(229,226, x5, x6)
    Sti- marauder, edge, tactical3,4,5, dvc ltd, legend, eagle,vip,Apeiro.
    Wilson- tactical elite, pro elite
    Ed brown- special forces.(2)
    knight's sbr.
    knight's sr15-mod 1
    Knight's sr15 14.5" +AA flash hider.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My new year's resolution was not to clean my glocks and just see how they do in 2012. Oh well, after seeing this thread now I have to detail strip and clean them all out of disgust. /sigh

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast