Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean your GLOCK!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eo500 View Post
    Grant, great post. What exactly does rounding the plunger do? Is it something you recommend for all Glocks? I've polished parts on some of my Glocks, but this is the first time I've seen the plunger get rounded.
    Palmguy covered it. It isn't that big of a deal on a Glock, but I am of the opinion that every bit of friction removed improves the "feel" of the trigger pull.

As mentioned, on an M&P, rounding the striker block will remove almost half a pound of trigger pull weight!

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    My new year's resolution was not to clean my glocks and just see how they do in 2012. Oh well, after seeing this thread now I have to detail strip and clean them all out of disgust. /sigh
    To be honest, I am not sure who started this stupidity about not cleaning guns and such, but it is a horrible idea (especially if you are going to bet your life on it).

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To be honest, I am not sure who started this stupidity about not cleaning guns and such, but it is a horrible idea (especially if you are going to bet your life on it).

C4
    It was my own personal T&E to satisfy my own curiosity and the pistol I carry is well maintained. I guess it's only okay for an internet sensation to do that kind of thing...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    It was my own personal T&E to satisfy my own curiosity and the pistol I carry is well maintained. I guess it's only okay for an internet sensation to do that kind of thing...

No, not even then.

C4

Feedback Score
    When our guys arrive at the range they are required to come in with a clean weapon. They have to break it down and put it back together. Before they leave the range their guns are cleaned and inspected...only then can they leave. We try to do everything we can to encourage them to carry a properly functioning weapon in the event they need to defend themselves or someone else.

Anything less and the outcome can be less than certain.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    Hmmm, you mean you might have a Colt or BCM or DD rifle hidden somewhere in your shop? Sounds good, I'll drop an email when I want to come up. Thanks again.
    Usually.

C4

Feedback Score
    Good thread Grant. Made me change my mindset that I should just lube my Glock occasionally, clean off the contact surfaces, and eliminate lint and dust.

I'm going to have to have you round my firing pin safety sometime.

That's some really good work.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for the thread Grant.

In regards to rounding a firing pin block (not to take away from the way Grant does it).. I rounded my FPB's doing it the way M4Guru mentioned in his Glock trigger article, by chucking up the FPB in a drill, mashing the drill trigger while working it on a sharpening stone, then polished it to a mirror finish on some fingernail file buffers.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Thanks for the thread Grant.

In regards to rounding a firing pin block (not to take away from the way Grant does it).. I rounded my FPB's doing it the way M4Guru mentioned in his Glock trigger article, by chucking up the FPB in a drill, mashing the drill trigger while working it on a sharpening stone, then polished it to a mirror finish on some fingernail file buffers.
    Yep, the drill bit method works as well.

Just be sure NOT to remove any length off the plunger!

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just be sure NOT to remove any length off the plunger!

C4
    Yes, great advise, i should have mentioned that. I leave the top alone.. i just round the side angles off. I do buff out the tops to shine.

Shining = good, removing metal = BAD!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast