Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock trigger guard undercut.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I would like to alleviate glock knuckle. My middle finger is sore after shooting the compact glocks.

My middle finger on my right hand is pretty beat up from an injury from years ago and it still hurts after shooting the glock for a while. The finger swells at the joint sometimes after long shooting sessions with a compact glock because its right against the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Did the undercut to the four Glocks I have here now and it made an amazing difference in comfort on the middle finger. I also get rid of the finger grooves as well.

It's well worth it.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    The undercut has made a big difference with my G21SF.

BE AN ORGAN DONOR.
    You can give the gift of life to as many as 50 people!
    It takes less than 3 minutes to register.
    Go to: http://donatelife.net/register-now/

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Really impressed with that rounding of the trigger guard. That's the one thing I've not yet attempted.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I would like to alleviate glock knuckle
    In that case you may want to consider just flattening out the sharp corner of the trigger guard on the spot that hits your knuckle. That's what I did, and it feels great.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Billick View Post
    In that case you may want to consider just flattening out the sharp corner of the trigger guard on the spot that hits your knuckle. That's what I did, and it feels great.
    Big +1, another here that did this. 5 minutes with a couple files gave me a significantly better feeling Glock. Let me know if youd like a picture of what Hayden has described.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Like some others have posted, if it's your first time, stay away from the Dremel.

I started with 120 grit 3M "Sand Blaster" sandpaper (the purple colored stuff at Home Depot/Lowes that is anti-clog) wrapped around the cylindrical shaft of a ball point pen. Slowly knock down that protrusion and re-test your grip constantly. Then use some 600 grit and 1500 grit to really smooth things out.

I've done many of these now and always begin with a Dremel, but only because I know what endpoint I'm trying to reach. I still use the 120 grit sandpaper wrapped on the pen to achieve a uniformly level surface because, oftentimes, dremeling leaves ripples, especially if you're removing a lot of material.
    Last edited by uwe1; 03-22-12 at 01:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Really impressed with that rounding of the trigger guard. That's the one thing I've not yet attempted.
    I have a tutorial with pictures for the rounding process. PM your email address and I'll send it to you. It's not difficult.
    BE AN ORGAN DONOR.
    You can give the gift of life to as many as 50 people!
    It takes less than 3 minutes to register.
    Go to: http://donatelife.net/register-now/

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Absolutely.

Thanks.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    I need to get the trigger guard on my glock 19 undercut. Who would you guys recommend ?

The only place that would do it nearby is going to cost $150. I also need the mag release on the gun trimmed down a little bit too because it is a gen 4 and the mag release button is huge.
    You're talking about Hatfield's huh? FWIW the $150 includes:

Includes any combination of: undercutting trigger guard, at-ready cut, finger groove removal, grip reduction, any area of grip stippled including forward portion for "gamer" grip and two magazine floorplates.

Though that still might be a little high? Idk, but I wanted them to do mine eventually, along with the rest of their Vanguard package. Now I may just have some things done a la cart, but still.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast