Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock trigger guard undercut.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    The undercut would be a better modification for me. The Glock knuckle sucks but I also feel like my fingers are really cramped when gripping this pistol.

I don't really need every thing on the Hatfield package but they don't list prices of individual modifications. The grip on the Gen4 19 is fine in terms of grippyness.

I like the idea of using the dowel because I can go slow and see what happens. I might stop by Hatfields one day to see if they have any examples I can hold of their modded glocks.

Feedback Score
    I got my kitchen knife steel, wrapped it in 60 grit sandpaper to the diameter I wanted (slightly larger than my finger) and sanded with that. Used a standard sanding block to make a nice gradual transition from the under cut to the bottom of the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used the method many have mentioned... I bought a Dremmel tool, Soldering iron (you can change the tip out with a similar diameter screw, and texture the screw to any style checkering or "stippling" you prefer). I opted to use the standard soldering Iron tip, and just used it horizontal (since i figure this allows the most relevant grip to fighting with a pistol). I have made 10-15 modifications to this pistol since i started and continue to tweak little things here and there. Honestly I think its THE BEST grip I've found on a Glock without going so CRAZY that Appendix Carry Inside the Wasteband becomes dangerous or uncomfortable. I added a unique Magazine modification advocated by a good friend and firearms instructor Paul Gomez. He mentions in a few of his youtube videos that clearing Double Feeds with a pistol becomes a HUGE issues one handed. So he advocates relieving the front strap of the Glock mag well enough to hook the magazine baseplate on the belt and RIP the mag out IF such an issue ever presents itself. I went with a minimal front strap reduction, added the side half moon cuts (figured WTH?!), and then smoothed it all down with my grinding bit, and then used the felt tip dremmel bit to fine tune/smooth everything out to factory specs. I've been VERY pleased with this configuration and used it in a couple pistol classes and training sessions since and find it to be idea for my needs. I left the sides of the gun smooth to keep from chaffing me when I wear it AIWB, and because i dont see the need for them to be all 'narly'.

You notice I also threw some stippling on the position my trigger finger rests on the side of the frame or my support thumb when shooting two handed. Helps me get a consistent 'register' everytime I grip the pistol with my trigger finger and my support hand.

Other side...

Holster pictured is the new Raven Concealment VG2. I LOVE IT for appendix carry.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    The undercut would be a better modification for me. The Glock knuckle sucks but I also feel like my fingers are really cramped when gripping this pistol.

I don't really need every thing on the Hatfield package but they don't list prices of individual modifications. The grip on the Gen4 19 is fine in terms of grippyness.

I like the idea of using the dowel because I can go slow and see what happens. I might stop by Hatfields one day to see if they have any examples I can hold of their modded glocks.
    They have one in the shop that they've done work on, I'm sure they'll let you hold it. IIRC, its a G22 race gun.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Cold Bore Customs does the undercut for $10 plus $10 shipping. I don't have first hand experience with Lane's work but I haven't heard any complaints. I plan on sending my 19 to him soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did mine myself. It was really easy and only took a short amount of time. I used a marker wrapped in sand paper, sharpie or dry erase type of some sort. Same concept as using a dowel, but I just used what I had on hand. I just used really rough grit at first to knock out the rough idea of what I wanted and then went finer and finer. I just kept putting pressure up and to the rear of the frame at first to get a higher grip and then went forward on the trigger guard to get that gradual slope to alleviate Glock Knuckle. I used 3 different grits of sand paper and then finished it off by hand with some of that green Scotch Brite pad stuff. It kinda polished up the rough finish at least to the point that it didn't stand out. Looks pretty factory now and really made a difference for me as far as the fit of the pistol to my hand went. That little bit of relief up there let my fingers line up with the factory grooves. My hands fit the Glock 17 just right, but the 19 had less room for the first finger, this solved that problem for me. I think it was well worth the time, and I'd say you should just go for it on your own, it's so easy a grunt could do it...lol.

Now I just need to get the nads to go after it with a soldering iron...lol.
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 03-23-12 at 21:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123