Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Laws

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Laws do not prevent criminals, convicts or anyone else who's determined to get a gun from doing so.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    So much for complying with the mod's request on personal attacks. . .
    What individual did I personally attack?

Last I checked murder, rape, armed robbery, burglary, stealing, kidnaping, et al. . . .are all illegal.
    Me too, although what that has to do with anything I have no idea.

We all know that gun laws are only heeded by the law abiding. So in fact it is a moot point as people who make the choice to commit crimes choose not to follow any laws to begin with so who expects them to follow laws in regards to guns?
    You sure are funny there jester, but even more so is your idealogical denial that giving lunatics legal access to firearms would make absolutely no difference compared to what is in place today. That mindset is so one-dimensional it forbids me from entering or commenting beyond this sentence.

Why don't we execute people who prove to society that they will contribute nothing and only wreak havoc, mischief, and victimize the innocent?
    Sounds good to me. Tell us, whom might you like to see make these determinations? A legal system or yourself?

Really people, the no laws gun stuff is silly and makes us look bad as a whole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    Anyone who believes there should be no gun laws is as dopey an ideologue as any libertard who believe all guns are evil.
    I have to agree with you. Anytime a person finds themselves on the absolute opposite side of the other (liberal) point of view, they need to check themselves. I don't think safety hit is talking about cartridge marking or safety locks. He's talking about what many here already believe: no guns for MOST convicted felons (he himself says he was convicted and it sounds unfairly and he fought to have his rights reinstated), the mentally unstable (this does not include those suffering from PTSD unless there are additional, very serious issues invilved for those of you who jump to conclusions), illeagal aliens, and maybe a couple other categories.

And yes, a determined bad guy will get his hands on a gun but it isn't that easy in all communities. Ever see ghetto guys come into a range and rent guns because they can't own them? Yeah, if they could just walk in and purchase, they would have one.

And it is also true that laws regulate law abiding citizens only. But how the hell does that apply to removing restrictions for felons owning guns? C'mon guys!

As for this pipe dream that we just lock up anyone who can't be trusted to own a gun and throw away the key, we have a constitution an decades of supreme court ruling that prevent this. I believe in the three strikes law but on a first offense for say aggravated battery, I don't think life without parole is gonna make the cut. Rather than take on establishe supreme court rulings regarding cruel and unusual punishment, we legislate to keep guns out of the hands of those who shoul not have access to them. Fight unfair laws, it's a lot easier than taking on the constitution and well establishe law. Push for a more fair process to reinstate the rights of those few good folks who have gotten screwed. These are doable things. Some of you folks need to come back to reality. If you want to rant about nearly impossible things on the web for kicks, have at it. But if you want to make actual change, take off the tinfoil and try to realize that in the real world, it isn't all or nothing.

I am starting to see why a lot of folks here generally stay out of gd. There are very angry and unyielding extremist viewpoints here. I hate that I got sucked into it and maybe this isn't the place for me. When a solid conservative can't fit in, maybe the discourse is a bit extreme.

Common sense people!
    Last edited by sboza; 03-29-12 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sboza View Post
    There are very angry and unyielding extremist viewpoints here.
    Jefferson, Washington, Ben Franklin, etc.
    Common sense people!
    The battle cry of the Brady Bunch!

Feedback Score
    Well, I'm out children.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sboza View Post
    Well, I'm out children.
    Speaking of childish behavior. Leaving a thread after posting a childish remark and personal attack certainly qualifies in my book.

Now, here we have a 10 year old child charged with a felony for stealing a tricycle today. Should his rights be taken away for the rest of his life? http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/03/29...ling-tricycle/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Jefferson, Washington, Ben Franklin, etc.

This is an interesting point you bring up. But I think...and maybe I'm a little out there...that the threat imposed by a single violent individual possessing even a semi-automatic weapon on his neighbors has varied a degree or two since the days of the flintlock rifle. Have you ever considered the concept of sensible adaptation in accordance with current circumstances?

The battle cry of the Brady Bunch!

Now wasn't that show fun to watch as a youngster?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Now, here we have a 10 year old child charged with a felony for stealing a tricycle today. Should his rights be taken away for the rest of his life?

Interesting, but proves all of nothing. Did I have my rights taken for life after my felony firearm conviction? If not, then why are we referencing a child stealing a bicycle being in jeopardy of such a fate while engaging in a serious discussion?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    But I think...and maybe I'm a little out there...that the threat imposed by a single violent individual possessing even a semi-automatic weapon on his neighbors has varied a degree or two since the days of the flintlock rifle. Have you ever considered the concept of sensible adaptation in accordance with current circumstances?
    I do understand what you're saying and agree to a certain extent. My earlier posts said I don't think people who have been diagnosed with dangerous mental issues or violent velons should own guns. I think we should have the least amount of restrictions possible.
    Now wasn't that show fun to watch as a youngster?
    I liked that version better than the current.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Interesting, but proves all of nothing. Did I have my rights taken for life after my felony firearm conviction? If not, then why are we referencing a child stealing a bicycle being in jeopardy of such a fate while engaging in a serious discussion?
    Many people in this thread saying felons should not own guns, that's why. Just because you got your rights back doesn't mean that everyone who's deserving does.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast