Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Laws

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    This is an interesting point you bring up. But I think...and maybe I'm a little out there...that the threat imposed by a single violent individual possessing even a semi-automatic weapon on his neighbors has varied a degree or two since the days of the flintlock rifle. Have you ever considered the concept of sensible adaptation in accordance with current circumstances?
    Absolutely. I think you should have the right to say whatever you want, as long as you don't use any technology that did not exist in 1787 to disseminate it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Many people in this thread saying felons should not own guns, that's why.
    I think if you dug a little deeper you'd find that viewpoint to be within a sensible context. In other words, not the bike stealing 10 year old child.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Just because you got your rights back doesn't mean that everyone who's deserving does.
    Very, very true and a crime unto itself. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What individual did I personally attack?
    Well let's see here, by calling anyone who doesn’t agree with you on the subject "as dopey an ideologue as any libertard" is conveyed as a personal attack. At least that is how I interpret it when someone resorts to name calling.

Me too, although what that has to do with anything I have no idea.
    Because if the laws that are already on the books do not work then how in the name of all things holy are more laws supposed to work?

You sure are funny there jester, but even more so is your idealogical denial that giving lunatics legal access to firearms would make absolutely no difference compared to what is in place today. That mindset is so one-dimensional it forbids me from entering or commenting beyond this sentence.
    In my post I only referenced convicted criminals not those who have been diagnosed by a medical doctor to be mentally handicapped.

Sounds good to me. Tell us, whom might you like to see make these determinations? A legal system or yourself?
    I think it's safe to say that our current "criminal justice system" is grossly ineffectual. And in no form have I advocated that I become “judge, jury, and executioner”.

Really people, the no laws gun stuff is silly and makes us look bad as a whole.
    Really peeps, it makes us look bad as a democratic republic when our citizens call for more laws that equate to less freedom and strip away our constitutional rights.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I think the whole war on drugs (which is really a war on Marijuana) needs to come to an end. We can take all the resources from this idiotic money pit and use them to combat violent criminals, identity theft, human trafficking, etc... Instead of arresting and imprisoning people for possession of an herb that has more medical value than any other drug, use the man power for a better cause.

I once read an article that stated 80% of all prescription drugs could be made obsolete if medical marijuana was used to its full potential. So, instead of the Feds supporting the growth in the medical field, their raiding "medical clinics" and taking away a safe and sterile environment for patients to get their medicine. Not to mention making felons out of otherwise normal citizens who are following state laws and regulations.

I know of one dispensary in California that paid a total of 3 million in taxes in 2008 (2 million to the Fed. and 1 to the state of California.) Why can't the Feds allow legal use of a harmless drug and use the tax revenue on the education system or any of the other serious issues in our country.

I believe there are roughly 1 million people arrested and imprisoned every year for simple possession of MJ. Thats 1 million jail cells that are being occupied by non-violent "criminals".

I know this isn't directly related to gun control laws or anything, but I hope you can see my point.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    While we here are theorizing abut what laws are acceptable and reasonable, fellow shooter in other countries are getting screwed by their gubbement in ever increasing and extreme ways.

Take for instance the Netherlands, where just in the last few days the "well-meaning" politicians in their infinite wisdom trying to protect the herd....(hurgh....)... decided to outlaw any rifles that (and I quote) "look aggressive"- I shit you not!!!, and all dynamic shooting activities.
    This means any and every AR-style rifle. And moving while shooting.......

VER-BO-TEN!!!!!!!

All because some 'tard went bonkers and shot some people with a .22.
    Could never happen here, right?

Worst part - it was the Dutch equivalent of the NRA that pretty much handed it over on a silver platter. Beyond my comprehension.

Sooooooooo........ next time we talk about "acceptable legislature" - look elsewhere and count your blessings.

You give them an inch, they WILL take everything.
    Last edited by polydeuces; 03-29-12 at 19:06.
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Could never happen here, right?
    That is why you stay on the offensive and never hold ground. Never even cede the concept of such a thing as 'reasonable' gun control.

Make them fight for every inch, bleed them monetarily over every peroid, comma and dash.

Overall, we are winning. Except for a couple of states, we are forcing the anti's to fight a really shitty rear-guard retreat.

We came back from the cliff's edge and now have the upper hand by fighting back hard and not falling for their calls for 'compromise'.

We have made the AR-15 from a novelty into a commodity found in every Fudd store and even Wal-Mart. Bigest selling rifle in America.

Almost every state now has must Issue CCW. Handgun ownership is skyrocketing.

When did they ever compromise with us? NEVER! They were out to destroy us politically and we should do the same to them.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    When did they ever compromise with us? NEVER! They were out to destroy us politically and we should do the same to them.
    As it was mentioned earlier, you can't "compromise" on something when only one side is giving something up.
    "Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave." - Andrew Fletcher, 1698

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Among Other Evils Which Being Unarmed Brings You, It Causes You To Be Despised." - The Prince, Nicolo Machiavelli

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    While we here are theorizing abut what laws are acceptable and reasonable, fellow shooter in other countries are getting screwed by their gubbement in ever increasing and extreme ways.

Take for instance the Netherlands, where just in the last few days the "well-meaning" politicians in their infinite wisdom trying to protect the herd....(hurgh....)... decided to outlaw any rifles that (and I quote) "look aggressive"- I shit you not!!!, and all dynamic shooting activities.
    This means any and every AR-style rifle. And moving while shooting.......

VER-BO-TEN!!!!!!!

...and so on....

You speak as though sensible gun law advocates have no clue whatsoever about what has transpired overseas, not to mention Washington DC or Chicago. Let's step out of that narrow first dimension and try to offer relevant suggestions, shall we?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    You speak as though sensible gun law advocates have no clue whatsoever about what has transpired overseas, not to mention Washington DC or Chicago. Let's step out of that narrow first dimension and try to offer relevant suggestions, shall we?
    You are really off base here.

First, I'm personally in favor of strong firearms laws. I don't want just anyone to be able to get their hands on a weapon, but I realize that regulating firearms doesn't work, as the criminals are going to get whatever they want anyway. Making it illegal for a felon to possess a firearm doesn't mean that felons across the country won't have firearms - all it means is that the felons that are trying to make a life for themselves will be deprived of the ability to defend themselves, while the scumbags are going to have whatever they please.

Like chadbag said, the system in Vermont is the way to go. I've lived in Vermont. The system there works. The crime rate is insanely low, and permit-free carry policy works.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

That being the case, I don't want the violence prone nut job next door being armed. This would endanger my family even more and obligate me to have to possibly exchange fatal gunfire with him at some point. It's really not very complicated unless your simply being idealogical.
    Because we all know they listen to laws.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast