Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Gun Control Laws

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sboza View Post
    To hell with that, any felon is out in my book. Very, very bad judgement (or multiple bouts of bad judgement) is needed to "earn" yourself a felony. These people do not need to own a gun ever. Don't want your right taken away, don't commit a felony. And some violent misdemeanors should come with gun ownership restrictions (maybe not permanent). I don't want the guy getting into bar fights every week or beating the shit out of his wife owning a gun either. Call me crazy.
    You're tore up from the floor up. I'm not going to dissect the case for your sake, because you won't get it anyway, but if you ever handle or shoot a gun, you're one mechanical failure from being one of those "scumbag felons". There's a man reading this thread right now, one of my best friends, who is a is a felon now because of a broken 1911 disconnector. And I guaran-damn-tee you this man has more training and experience than 90% of the people posting in this thread, but one unexpected burst-fire put him in the position you're talking about. He got ****ed, just like you can get ****ed through no fault of your own. If I'm understanding you correctly, and you're saying he shouldn't have his rights restored, then I wish you a painful, slow death from anal cancer...in prison, so you have lots of time to contemplate the difference between justice and the legal system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    You're tore up from the floor up. I'm not going to dissect the case for your sake, because you won't get it anyway, but if you ever handle or shoot a gun, you're one mechanical failure from being one of those "scumbag felons". There's a man reading this thread right now, one of my best friends, who is a is a felon now because of a broken 1911 disconnector. And I guaran-damn-tee you this man has more training and experience than 90% of the people posting in this thread, but one unexpected burst-fire put him in the position you're talking about. He got ****ed, just like you can get ****ed through no fault of your own. If I'm understanding you correctly, and you're saying he shouldn't have his rights restored, then I wish you a painful, slow death from anal cancer...in prison, so you have lots of time to contemplate the difference between justice and the legal system.
    My God, it really is telling of intelligence when someone gets their panties in a bunch because of their inability to read.

I clearly stated that a few cases of such injustice exist. I proposed that rather than arm felons, we fight unfair laws. It may not be the perfect solution but it is better than giving a pass to all felons when only .001% are actually good people who got screwed over.

As for your friend, post a news story because I am not going to take your word for it. You have earned no credibility with your generally wacky posts. Post the story or stop using it as a defense.

As for wishing death on others for disagreeing with you, regardless of the fact that the fault lies with your lack of reading comprehension, that is juvenile and I question your judgement and character as a man.

Feedback Score
    I'd love to live in a society where the overall level of maturity of its citizens, coupled with harsh penalties for criminals, allowed for the responsible ownership of virtually any firearm. Unfortunately, our society of dependance and inconsistent enforcement of laws leads me to believe that our society is nowhere near ready for that level of responsibility.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd like to know the actual real statistics of violent gun crimes committed in California before and after their ludicrous anti-gun laws were originally passed.....

I'd like to see what actual perceived benefit they believe to have attained by not allowing NFA items or assault weapon with removeable mags or just hi-cap mags in general and so on and so forth....

I would wager a unicorns a dick that crime has increased despite their radical approach to gun control

Crimes can only occur when you do not allow those who are targeted, to defend themselves if the situation should so arise....

does anyone have any credible before and after gun crime stats? that would prove one way or the other?
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    and just to touch on what was being discussed here earlier....

The Justice system was instituted for just that reason, Justice. As in, righting the wrongs you imparted upon another.

Where our country got the idea in their heads that they have the legal right to arrest someone and actually force them to pay money, and also have the gall to say we as a country are taking years from your life, for completely victim-less crimes such as simple drug possession, or "a broken disconnector", is completely beyond-****in-me.

You cannot imprison someone for a crime they never committed, and therefore you cannot pass and enforce laws to do that and expect to have a "right and just" system.

Its called habeas corpus.... which literally translates to "produce the corpse".... as in... show me the ****in person I murdered or at least the victim of my crime..... having drugs in your possession is a victim-less crime, therefore there is no "corpse" they can produce, therefore that entire charge is moot. The law of not owning F/A and thus being charged with felonious possession and manufacture of a machine gun because of a broke disconnector is once again is moot because there is no victim in that crime, there is no corpse to produce, there is no wrong to right, so therefore IMO it is not a legally enforceable law...

Look at the new show on Discovery called Moonshiners....... that fat **** piece of shit ABC agent is hot on the trail of those guys because they don't pay taxes on the alcohol they make.... who is the victim in that crime? Who are they protecting? Its a ****ing racket, the State of Virginia (where I currently reside mind you), is violating the RICO statues in believing they have the rights to charge and convict someone of a victim-less crime simply because they didn't get their share of the vig.... that's racketeering 101. That fat bastard is actually willing to take another mans life, to ensure his state gets a cut...... my ****ing lord.

The justice system was not developed to prosecute those who commit "crimes against the state", such as doing things the state says you can't simply because its their prerogative.... which is why it is the bumble**** it is today... because I would bet more than 1/2 of the entirety of those within the Justice system right now today, have committed no credible offence agaisnt another individual, they just did something the gub'ment said they can't.

It all comes down to money... funny how suppressors are legal if you pay the gubment right? Heaven forbid you don't have that bookie ticket (tax stamp) in your hands....

Please explain what a suppressor by itself, can do to anyone.... I can go buy a gun anywhere in 15 minutes with just a phone call, but I have to wait 4-9 months if I want to make it shorter or quieter.... yeah that makes sense

Why is prostitution illegal? You can't make something illegal for the sheer possibility that I may kill the bitch after I give her a Laotian Lazy-Eye.... if I kill her... you then charge me with murder... you can't convict me before the fact... there is no such thing as preventative Justice.

Hitchhiking, wearing seat belts, helmet laws, NFA laws, prostitution, cutting down a tree or building a deck on your own property without a city permit.... all personal choices with no impact on anyone else... and all ****in horse shit laws... just the government wanting its cut...IMO....

If you could be arrested for not paying a double wipe tax after shitting... I'm sure there'd be a lot more felons running around today

Rant over.
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 03-25-12 at 02:07.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My God, it really is telling of intelligence when someone gets their panties in a bunch because of their inability to read.
    Maybe you should start a campaign to put guns in the hands of felons and the mentally unstable. See how far that goes. That's some fringe extremist thinking man.
    A fine one to talk about someones inability to read, given I have never said that a campaign should be started to put guns into the hands of felons and the unstable. What I am saying is that not everyone is bad and deserves to have rights stripped for away forever on something so broad. Given I am a LEO, I see plenty of shit bags that should not be trusted with a paperclip, but I also see good people that screwed up or were wrongly prosecuted and do not deserve their rights to be stripped for life. Also in the right political climate you might find yourself in one of the two categories and still be the decent person you are currently. But hey you can sit in your smug all knowing arrogance and tell others how wrong or fringe they are. Personally I like Heidevolk's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    I don't believe felons should be allowed into general society if they can't be trusted with the rights of a general citizen.

Maybe a temporary probation period with intense monitoring after release, and if they violate the laws again they face punishment (death / life in prison / deportation)

If you can't be trusted with the rights of a citizen, you do not deserve to be allowed around other citizens.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    and just to touch on what was being discussed here earlier....

The Justice system was instituted for just that reason, Justice. As in, righting the wrongs you imparted upon another.

Where our country got the idea in their heads that they have the legal right to arrest someone and actually force them to pay money, and also have the gall to say we as a country are taking years from your life, for completely victim-less crimes such as simple drug possession, or "a broken disconnector", is completely beyond-****in-me.

You cannot imprison someone for a crime they never committed, and therefore you cannot pass and enforce laws to do that and expect to have a "right and just" system.

Its called habeas corpus.... which literally translates to "produce the corpse".... as in... show me the ****in person I murdered or at least the victim of my crime..... having drugs in your possession is a victim-less crime, therefore there is no "corpse" they can produce, therefore that entire charge is moot. The law of not owning F/A and thus being charged with felonious possession and manufacture of a machine gun because of a broke disconnector is once again is moot because there is no victim in that crime, there is no corpse to produce, there is no wrong to right, so therefore IMO it is not a legally enforceable law...

Look at the new show on Discovery called Moonshiners....... that fat **** piece of shit ABC agent is hot on the trail of those guys because they don't pay taxes on the alcohol they make.... who is the victim in that crime? Who are they protecting? Its a ****ing racket, the State of Virginia (where I currently reside mind you), is violating the RICO statues in believing they have the rights to charge and convict someone of a victim-less crime simply because they didn't get their share of the vig.... that's racketeering 101. That fat bastard is actually willing to take another mans life, to ensure his state gets a cut...... my ****ing lord.

The justice system was not developed to prosecute those who commit "crimes against the state", such as doing things the state says you can't simply because its their prerogative.... which is why it is the bumble**** it is today... because I would bet more than 1/2 of the entirety of those within the Justice system right now today, have committed no credible offence agaisnt another individual, they just did something the gub'ment said they can't.

It all comes down to money... funny how suppressors are legal if you pay the gubment right? Heaven forbid you don't have that bookie ticket (tax stamp) in your hands....

Please explain what a suppressor by itself, can do to anyone.... I can go buy a gun anywhere in 15 minutes with just a phone call, but I have to wait 4-9 months if I want to make it shorter or quieter.... yeah that makes sense

Why is prostitution illegal? You can't make something illegal for the sheer possibility that I may kill the bitch after I give her a Laotian Lazy-Eye.... if I kill her... you then charge me with murder... you can't convict me before the fact... there is no such thing as preventative Justice.

Hitchhiking, wearing seat belts, helmet laws, NFA laws, prostitution, cutting down a tree or building a deck on your own property without a city permit.... all personal choices with no impact on anyone else... and all ****in horse shit laws... just the government wanting its cut...IMO....

If you could be arrested for not paying a double wipe tax after shitting... I'm sure there'd be a lot more felons running around today

Rant over.
    Didn't you get the memo that we've reverted back to the divine right of kings and called it progress?
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    Didn't you get the memo that we've reverted back to the divine right of kings and called it progress?
    IIRC I don't remember ever voting for any of the current laws.... that's the issue with the representative form of democracy.... you vote in delegates to vote on behalf of yourself, and you just have to hope they have the same views as you.... when more times than not, they vote based on political alliances and spoils patronage... the ol' you scratch my back and I'll **** you over to remain in office...

just bullshit.... plain and simple

second to religion, politics are the bane of responsible governing
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 03-25-12 at 05:37.

Feedback Score
    How many felons got probation or a few days/weeks/months in jail? I read the articles all the time. Of course all those folks with misdemeanor DV conviction didn't do much/any time. Now all they sudden the person is so dangerous they can't be trusted with "Rights." Anyone who argues simply being a felon disqualifies you from gun ownership certainly does believe gun ownership is a Right, but is a privilege.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    There's a man reading this thread right now, one of my best friends, who is a is a felon now because of a broken 1911 disconnector.
    As for your friend, post a news story because I am not going to take your word for it.
    I am also interested in seeing the evidence behind such as case. Does anyone else know if a case where a single incident of a parts breakage caused a prosecution for a class 3 weapon. Provided that the owner did not continue to use said weapon or attempt to take advantage to the breakage, such a case would be a serious miscarriage of justice.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast