Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my noveske SBR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    nice rifle. Glad you are swapping out the UBR. Great stock but it is heavy, too heavy for a SBR that is, at least for me.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    From what I've seen and handled, a UBR can help equalize a front heavy SBR. I think it depends on the fore end/rail system and if one has a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    nice rifle. Glad you are swapping out the UBR. Great stock but it is heavy, too heavy for a SBR that is, at least for me.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
    From what I've seen and handled, a UBR can help equalize a front heavy SBR. I think it depends on the fore end/rail system and if one has a suppressor.
    I agree, but he doesn't have the suppressor yet. So for the current configuration it would appear that it would be back heavy. My UBR balanced my 13.7 barrel with Noveske pig and heavy Troy 13.8" rails well, so I was just assuming the 12.5" barrel and shorter rails would be lighter and not as balanced.

I agree though that once he has a suppressor a UBR would probable be a nice touch.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I disagree, I think its all user dependent.

I had a UBR on my SBR w/ can and strongly prefer the CTR w/ A5 system for both weight reduction and recoil "reduction".
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-11-12 at 17:42.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I disagree, I think its all user dependent.

I had a UBR on my SBR w/ can and strongly prefer the CTR w/ A5 system for both weight reduction and recoil "reduction".
    I meant that from my observations and short time handling a friends SBR, a UBR seems to help balance out a front heavy SBR. I do agree that the end user preference will matter the most. I built my lower with a UBR, but do have a CTR on standby, so that I can try both out when the stamp arrives.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I meant that from my observations and short time handling a friends SBR, a UBR seems to help balance out a front heavy SBR. I do agree that the end user preference will matter the most. I built my lower with a UBR, but do have a CTR on standby, so that I can try both out when the stamp arrives.
    I completely understand. I have a 10.3" barrel, 9" Centurion rail and AAC M4-2000 and the A5/CTR combo is great. With a heavier rail/longer barrel it may not be. I also run a VLTOR EMOD on my 12.5" with an SS barrel and it balances great, a UBR would be ideal on that.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    Act like a girl and you shall be treated like one (reference your second post). Nice edit, by the way.
    never edited a thing. Pretty sure when someone edits something, it says underneath its been edited. Way to continue being a cock fag
    Quote Originally Posted by R4 fan View Post
    Nice rifle. How do you like the Magpul UBR for balance? I have the UBR on a 7.62 rifle, but was wondering how it was on the 5.56.
    Love the UBR. very solid, but like others have said, its a bit heavy and I want an SOPMOD

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drgracin72 View Post
    I guess my gun is a piece of sh_t
    Nice gun. Your choice of socks is questionable though.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think we need you to give us a play by play on the rifle.

I want to know how you like the SwitchBlock (SB)?

And how well does the cutout rail work with the SB?

Where are you going to put the light and will it interfere with the SB?

I am buying that same upper and planning on putting a fixed sight behind the SB and a SF X300 in front.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast