Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Daniel Defense MK18

I'm currently in negotiations with HH6(the wife) to get a factory DD MK 18. l'd like to hear what current owners/users have to say about this platform. Please don't turn this into a debate over barrel lengths as I'm set on the 10.3 inch platform. Also bear in mind that future plans for this include suppression and main use is home defense/short range(150-200yds or less) use. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It feels more front heavy to me than a Mod 0 type upper with the KAC RAS handguard although Im sure they weigh about the same. I think its the perfect size for running a full size 5.56 can.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    It feels more front heavy to me than a Mod 0 type upper with the KAC RAS handguard although Im sure they weigh about the same. I think its the perfect size for running a full size 5.56 can.

Awesome. Thanks. This is the kind of end user feedback I like to hear. I got to handle a couple that some 'cool kids' had on my last deployment and really like how they felt.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mine is very high quality and I'm very happy with it. I love the easy maneuverability and the light weight. When shouldered, the muzzle sticks out no more than a pistol would when held in firing position, which is an argument in favor of the SBR for Home Defense.

I have two complaints / suggestions:

1. There is no built-in sling attachment point like other rails offer.

2. Accessories that have to be slid onto a rail, such as the Tango Down VFG (without the Quick-detach), require the removal of the bottom rail.

I used to have a Battlecomp on mine, which really worked as advertised. I have since removed the Battlecomp because the muzzle blast, combined with the blast from such a short barrel, was too much for my taste.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Mine is currently on lock down at the LGS waiting for ATF paperwork:

However, my buddy (Karmapolice on here) has the factory DD upper on his KAC SBR lower:

He dicked around with the buffer weight, which caused some issues, but once he went back to the H buffer (what the DD factory gun comes with), there were no more issues. It's very light and quick. I have an SF buddy who was in the shop when I was filling out my paperwork and he says they loved theirs on last deployment.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I have the dd mk 18 upper. I have had no problems with it. I run a AAC M4-2000 on it 95% of the time. It just looks like the suppressor is "supposed" to be there.
    Unsuppressed, however; I REALLY prefer my 11.5" BCM upper.
    As a side note, I have had a lot of problems with Geissele triggers (S3G and SD3G) while running these sbr's suppressed. (Failure to reset) Triggers work fine with longer barrels and on the shortys without the can.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. Seems to me from the limited replies that overall this is a very well liked weapon and the plus's outweigh the minus's. Would this be a fair assessment?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilneck View Post
    1. There is no built-in sling attachment point like other rails offer.
    That would kinda piss me off.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    That would kinda piss me off.
    It is easy enough to add a sling attachment point to the rail. I believe on a weapon system like this, a single point sling is probably called for anyway.
    To the OP I don't know that I would say benefits outweigh drawbacks. I mean, it is what it is... short, reliable, and has a high CDI factor. It is also loud and has heavier recoil than slightly longer systems.
    I like mine, but if I could only have one sbr upper, it would prob be an 11.5

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
    It is easy enough to add a sling attachment point to the rail. I believe on a weapon system like this, a single point sling is probably called for anyway.
    True, DD and the like have sockets for it. I've tried Magpuls RSA too. I was just saying if I sunk that kind of $ into a rail, I'd want sling attachments

And I have 2 points on everything.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast