Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The sling attachment point thing doesn't bother me. I typically run an attachment point on the rearmost point on the rail anyway. Reliable and handy are always a plus. As far as the noise factor goes I'm not concerned either. It'll mostly be shot on private land and eventually suppressed. Thank again for everyone's responses.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    I was just saying if I sunk that kind of $ into a rail, I'd want sling attachments
    Kinda, but how far do you go with that? I could say that if I sank $1500 into my factory DD MK18 it should come with a better pistol grip than an A2 and a better stock than a Magpul MOE (I prefer the SOPMOD). Then again, jack the price up and it can be there, right?

Remember that the DD RIS II rails were made to meet a set of specs and win a Mil contract.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    An RSA, VTAC LPSM, or Fortis QD, or the standard DD/GearSector/KAC Side QD cups can immediately solve the sling issue - and with options, over an integral unit (a 9" for that barrel length) that has a mount built in.

For a future double stamp host upper, 10.3, 10.5, or 11.5 is money, and the short list of handguards would be the Mk18RIS-II, DD 9.0 (Lite or OmegaX), Centurion C4 9", LT 9.0 - any combination thereof would be just fine. The price point of the DD Mk18 complete and Centurion complete upper (if you prefer that rail) are hard to beat.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Kinda, but how far do you go with that? I could say that if I sank $1500 into my factory DD MK18 it should come with a better pistol grip than an A2 and a better stock than a Magpul MOE (I prefer the SOPMOD). Then again, jack the price up and it can be there, right?

Remember that the DD RIS II rails were made to meet a set of specs and win a Mil contract.
    True, but I don't get a DD expecting a wonder-grip or stock. I do expect a great rail, barrel, and bolt...as a result of their reputation.

Yea I get that and it's neat that it was for a mil contract. And it's brown. But on an upper/gun where a lot of justification of the cost is due to the rail...I'd rather it came with the integrated option. That's all.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    True, but I don't get a DD expecting a wonder-grip or stock. I do expect a great rail, barrel, and bolt...as a result of their reputation.

Yea I get that and it's neat that it was for a mil contract. And it's brown. But on an upper/gun where a lot of justification of the cost is due to the rail...I'd rather it came with the integrated option. That's all.
    Fair enough. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for it just "being" a MK18, I'd go URX or Centurion. Both of those come with QD sockets.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Fair enough. I'll be honest, if it wasn't for it just "being" a MK18, I'd go URX or Centurion. Both of those come with QD sockets.
    Cent. has spoiled me, that's for sure. Building a MK12 now and I'm tempted to use a Cent. 12" instead of the typical KAC. Not having to send it away to get the barrel nut off is a real perk IMO

Feedback Score
    The MK18 is reliable and durable enough for hard use in unfriendly places. Even short guns get heavy with Elcan Specter DRs, PEQ 15s, KAC NT4s, and other hardware, but when streamlined they balance out nicely.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My Mk18 is easily handles the best with a can on compared to my other SBR's, hands down.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Glad I came across this thread. I purchased a DD MK18 URG a couple weeks ago. It's was a good purchase. Very happy with it. And I don't mind the rail not having a sling attachment point. It's comfortable to run on a single point.

Feedback Score
    I would recommend you take a look at the Colt 6945 before you make your final decision. Also if you plan to run a suppressor I would also look at the Colt 6933/6943 models. For the money the Colts are hard to beat and they hold value very well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast