Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    What kind of suppressor are you planning to use? Only a few will work with the 10.3 barrel. That is something to consider. I have an LMT and it has been flawless. Mine has the geissele 3gun trigger and hasn't had a problem with or without a can, I thought that was strange for the other user.
    Regardless though I think the mk18 setup is awesome and is useful in any role you put it in.

Feedback Score
    I have one as well. Quality is top notch.

I haven't settled on a final configuration yet. I've had DD fixed sights, MBUS, EOTech with and without the 3x magnifier. Not sure what I'll end up with yet. I think I want to put a simple red dot on it next. Maybe a SPARC + the MBUS. The EOTech makes it feel pretty heavy.

I've also tried an MI QD mount adapter and a two point sling but went back to the single point. The MI QD worked fine though.

I have had a couple problems with the bolt not locking open using PMags. It's running an H buffer right now. I need to try my spare Spikes ST-T2. Maybe that will help.

I'm still fiddling around with ammo as well. Groups at 50 are ok with 55 gr & 62 gr but not good at all at 100 yards. I've got some heavier load ready to try this week though. Hopefully they group up better.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I prefer the single point with this as well. It's short enough to where it doesn't bump into my legs when I walk.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    I'm currently in negotiations with HH6(the wife) to get a factory DD MK 18. l'd like to hear what current owners/users have to say about this platform. Please don't turn this into a debate over barrel lengths as I'm set on the 10.3 inch platform. Also bear in mind that future plans for this include suppression and main use is home defense/short range(150-200yds or less) use. Thanks.
    Just realized this thread started back in March. Did you get your DD mk18?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What do you mean by this? That it wont fit or have function problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsies View Post
    What kind of suppressor are you planning to use? Only a few will work with the 10.3 barrel. That is something to consider. I have an LMT and it has been flawless. Mine has the geissele 3gun trigger and hasn't had a problem with or without a can, I thought that was strange for the other user.
    Regardless though I think the mk18 setup is awesome and is useful in any role you put it in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rl168 View Post
    Just realized this thread started back in March. Did you get your DD mk18?
    I placed and paid for my order April/May ish. I'm still waiting for the FFL to receive it from their distributor. The story is that they're backordered till October, but that this particular distributor they deal with is where the bulk of these guns are going. Whether it's true or not I don't know. What I do know is I'm kinda tired of waiting to get the NFA process started.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justlikeanyoneelse View Post
    What do you mean by this? That it wont fit or have function problems?
    DD, Colt and possible a few other manufacturers use a 10.3" barrel. LMT, Noveske and the rest typically use a 10.5" barrel. It's not a big difference but depending on the suppressor they will not have enough space between the rear of the suppressor mount and the front of the rail to install the can.

Ek

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ahh thanks

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was wondering the same thing, but as far as 'working' it appears that because of the slightly shorter barrel it might not work in a sense of mounting the suppressor, not function wise...correct?
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    I got my upper on the cheap because the seller couldn't get his suppressor to fit. He didn't do much research on how to get it to fit before posting it for sale. Score!

I do have to ask what round works best in this upper?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast