Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense MK18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but as far as 'working' it appears that because of the slightly shorter barrel it might not work in a sense of mounting the suppressor, not function wise...correct?
    Correct, I was just referring to mounting and hitting the rail.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Highly recommend Black Hills 77gr 5.56 red box (MK262 MOD1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I do have to ask what round works best in this upper?

Feedback Score
    Question -

I have a Daniel Defense MK18 10.3" upper with MK18 rail - will the AAC M4-2000 with the AAC Blackout 51T Muzzle Brake fit this upper configuration?

Will it clear the rail with that specific muzzle brake and suppressor?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaerer View Post
    Question -

I have a Daniel Defense MK18 10.3" upper with MK18 rail - will the AAC M4-2000 with the AAC Blackout 51T Muzzle Brake fit this upper configuration?

Will it clear the rail with that specific muzzle brake and suppressor?
    I run a AAC m4-2000 on mine. It is a perfect fit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadman View Post
    I run a AAC m4-2000 on mine. It is a perfect fit.
    Using the Blackout 51T muzzle brake? You didn't have to add any space to it to clear the rail? No mods or anything?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I use a blackout on my mk18, but I have breakouts on other rifles. They have the same clearances. I just used the included shims to time it. I am not with the rifle right now, but I would guess I have a 1/8 gap between rear of can and front of rail.

Feedback Score
    I use a blackout on my mk18, but I have breakouts on other rifles. They have the same clearances. I just used the included shims to time it. I am not with the rifle right now, but I would guess I have a 1/8 gap between rear of can and front of rail.
    This may be a dumb question and forgive my ignorance, but being new to suppressors, what exactly do you mean when you say you had to time it with the shims?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    You will need to use shims that come with the brake out in order to get the side ports on the brake to be pointing straight out to the sides when the brake is screwed on the barrel tightly. Most flash suppressors do not require timing... All brakes do.

Feedback Score
    You will need to use shims that come with the brake out in order to get the side ports on the brake to be pointing straight out to the sides when the brake is screwed on the barrel tightly. Most flash suppressors do not require timing... All brakes do.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

One more question - my MK18 from DD has Daniel Defense's flash hider (not an A2) seen here: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/523...15-steel-matte

In the product description, it mentions that this flash hider is compatible with KAC NT4, Gemtech Halo, and AAC Omni Quick Detach Suppressors.

If this is the case, would I even need to buy a brake for the AAC M4-2000? Would my DD flash hider (which says its compatible with AAC suppressors) be sufficient enough?

I guess the real question is, is the AAC M4-2000 an "omni quick detach" suppressor?

Here is the DD flash hider that came on my MK18 upper:

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The AAC m4-2000 is not an omni quick detach.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast