Mr. Vickers, have you shot/examined a Walther PPQ yet? If so what are your thoughts on it as CCW pistol.
Last edited by MAUSER202; 03-25-12 at 09:54.
I handled it briefly at SHOT show this year- no trigger time behind it yet so I will withhold judgement at this time
Just got one in 9mm - so far I am very impressed; the trigger is the best I have ever felt on an box stock striker fired gun
I am going to run it exclusively for awhile to really shake it out but this could be the best gun of its type on the market today - it has serious potential
On the topic of the PPQ, I've put a few thousand rounds down mine and become aware of a few issues that, if you are carrying a PPQ, you may be able to comment on ...
1. Do you feel the PPQ's recoil is overly sharp, and is this an issue compared to similar 9mm guns?
2. Do you feel the PPQ's SLIDE release is too pronounced or just enough?
3. Have you noticed an increase in required force to insert a full mag on a closed slide?
4. I am curious what sights you were running, or would like to see, on the PPQ.
Thank you sir.
Last edited by Army Chief; 08-07-12 at 14:09.
Reason: Original text asked about SLIDE release, not magazine. (Post was edited by two different Mods - didn't catch the error.)
Thank you Mr. Vickers, looking forward to hear your opinions on this pistol.
Originally Posted by Larry Vickers
Just got a bit of trigger time with the PPQ and here is my initial thoughts;
1) very accurate
2) had a bit more snap than a Glock or M&P which I attribute to slide velocity; slide cycles very fast- still manageable
3) trigger is superb for a striker fired pistol and is already getting even better
4) magazine release is very easy to use
5) seating a fully loaded mag is no problem
6) muzzle flip is not an issue
I have no aftermarket sights yet for it- I like the gun and I am going to run it as my primary for awhile to really shake it out- limited ammo so far but zero malfunctions