Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additional Centurion Arms questions

Feedback Score

Additional Centurion Arms questions

Ok so Iv seen these rails in tons of pictures but never knew who made them till I found a picture today (thanks Stickman) that was close enough so I could see who was the maker on the side of the rail lol.

I’m just about to buy a new rail for my new middy I just bought. I have been trying to decide between DD 9.0 Lite rail or LaRue 9.0 rail. I am leaning towards LaRue because of the built in QD socket mounts which is important to me because that’s what I like running with my sling setup.

Now that I know that Centurion Arms is the maker of this rail I’ve been eying for some time, I have a new contestant. The C4 9” rail looks exactly what I want. It has a continues rail, free float, and has QD sockets on the front AND back of the rail (very nice), and for a plus it is a very nice looking rail.

Now I know DD Omega rails are “similar” to this C4 rail (at least that’s my observation) but I like the TWO QD socket mounts on the C4.

Ok so what I’m really wanting answers to is:
    (Keep in mind the only knowledge I have on Centurion Arms are the 2 “main” threads on M4C.net pertaining to the CA rails. These threads have some good info but I’m looking for more specific questions like I have below. So that’s why I am asking these questions because if I hear good things, this C4 9” rail will be in my final decision for my new rail)

Is Centurion Arms a good company? (Products, customer service, etc.)

How is the C4 9” rail compare to the DD 9.0 Lite and LaRue 9.0 rails?

Do any of you gents own CA and DD rails, CA and LaRue, or own all 3? If so which company rails do you like better and why?

If you had to choose between the C4 9” and the LaRue 9” rails which would you choose and why? (I don’t care which installation process is easier, I just want opinions on which is a BETTER rail, not what rail is best for the money, I want opinions on what rail is BEST between these 2 rail systems).

And if you have any other helpful information on Centurion Arms Company and their rails I would REALLY appreciate the help!

I really need y’all’s help on these questions because I will be buying a new rail in the next 2 weeks. And I really like what the C4 rail has to offer but I need these questions answered before I spend my hard earned money.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Not sure if this is much help, but I'll try and muddy the waters further.

I'd be looking at four rail systems: the DD 9.0 Lite, the DD 9.0 OmegaX, the Centurion 9.0 and LT 9.0 Rails.

Centurion makes great barrels, and their handguards are arguably the best value for weight and price especially if you want both QD cups.
    The DD 9.0 Lite is the lightest among those, though the OmegaX and LaRue's offerings have integral QD cups as well. If you're going to use the front QD swivel, then Centurion, or getting the Lite rail and separate QD sling attachment will do.

The profile of the handguards matters too. The OmegaX and lite are pretty oval once handguard covers are added, the LT and CA are a bit closer in vertical and horizontal directions.

If weight is a comparison item, check out the FF rail comparison chart on tacticalyellowvisor.net and go from there. All four are good rails, so figure out which fits your needs better.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP, hope this helps you at least parse the hard data.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    GREAT products/company.I'm very picky and have been quite happy with them and their stuff.I paid $239-for my 10" rail with KAC rail covers from one of their dealers.(sold the KAC's for $25).Now i'm into the rail for $214-SHIPPED!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My first choice in rails is the Daniel Defense RIS II. Since they don't produce the GL/SSC model (designed for 12.5" guns) I was looking elsewhere and decided I'm doing a Kino build. I was thinking of using a DD midlength cutout rail but found the Centurion.

I handled one for a very short time and it felt good and I like the way it fits around the midlength front sight post. I'm sold on it and will be using one when I get around to finishing this rifle.

I can't speak much on the quality from personal experience, but I can tell you when you see the well-known guys using them, it says something. Their barrels are very high quality as are their lowers. I can only imagine the rails will be just as good.

When they were designing them one of their main points was how solid it was and how well it mounts to the upper. Add in the profile and light weight, I'll give it a try.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    my experience with DD rails is for a short time I used a DD M4 rail and currently have a Omega X 12" FSP. loved 'em...

I recently got the Centurion C4 Midlength cutout rail and I can say it is at least as good as the DD I used. I haven't done destructive testing but this seems strong as anything I've ever seen, is lightweight, and has some very cool features such as being able to be mounted to the stock barrel nut without removing the FSB. it also has QD swivel limited rotation points fore and aft on both sides. DD has similar rails as well so choosing between them is hard.

but what makes me a Centurion customer for life is the customer service. while it seems that CS in the gun industry is better than other industries as a whole, the treatment and care I received from Centurion seemed head and shoulders above anything I've ever experienced anywhere.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for the reply's. And thank you Rob for the data. I appreciate it. (BTW love tacticalyellowvisor.net keep up the good work!)

After a lot of reading and research I have decided on the C4 9". I believe this will serve me well. I'll hopefully be getting it in by this wed.

Thanks again for the help

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the 7"C4 mounted on my LMT upper and can say this rail is as good as any out there.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In my opinion, they are all quality made products. What you have to decide is the features they offer and if it matters, appearance.

For what I want, I like the Centurion products, simple to install over existing barrel nut, solid lock up and the low profile of the integral QD sockets, placed so YOU have a choice, no just were someone else thinks you do.. No need to buy an extra mount and one less thing hanging off the rail.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The larue 9.0 is my absolute favorite QUAD rail. But monty turns out a REALLY nice rail. The centurion rails lock up very well and are fool proof as far as installation goes. While DD lowers, LPKs, and barrels are amongst my favorite, I've never been a huge fan of their rail dimensions. YMMV. Honestly, it sounds like the centurion is EXACTLY what you're looking for.
    Acta Non Verba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast