Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color fill on an AR lower

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Color fill on an AR lower

I have had my AR built for some months now. It looked noce without any "custom painting" or color fill. I was over at one of friends houses and, he had the same lower as I did except, he had color fill on his lower. I think at that moment, I was bitten by the "color fill bug". I went to Michaels craft store and bought some materials. It started out looking ****ed up but by the time I cleaned it up, it looking like it was done professionally. Here are some pics of my work. Have any of you done does this to your lower? I would like to know that I am not the only one to do this.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'd sure be interested in doing something like this to my gun.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice but I'll pass.

For the price of the paint, ect... you could have picked up another box of ammo.

Last edited by AMMOTECH; 03-25-12 at 18:28.
    -David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    OP,

You might want to search color fill on this site and then wrap yourself in some Nomex, it's likely you'll need it. It's something of a contentious issue around these parts.

Not too many here who do things to their guns solely for the look. Well, there's not too many who will admit to it, anyway.

ETA: Just noticed it's on a zombie gun. Woah, boy.
    Last edited by bulbvivid; 03-25-12 at 18:40.
    “All falsehood is a mask, and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always distinguish it from the true face.”

State of Franklin Training Group

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbvivid View Post
    OP,

You might want to search color fill on this site and then wrap yourself in some Nomex, it's likely you'll need it. It's something of a contentious issue around these parts.

Not too many here who do things to their guns solely for the look. Well, there's not too many who will admit to it, anyway.

ETA: Just noticed it's on a zombie gun. Woah, boy.
    Yeah...I think he's in fore a double whammy.

OP, for what it's worth, I think you did a nice job with it. Not something I would have done, but it looks clean enough.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Color filled zombie lower????

Sorry, couldn't help myself. You paid your hard earned money for it and can do just about anything you want! Enjoy it.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-25-12 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I know a bunch of folks on here that are gonna give me the blues about this but like Grant said, Its mine and I can di whatever I want to it. It still shoots just like it should, just has a lil flavor to it.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Since we've walked this path many times before, let me caution all concerned to be civil and constructive in your remarks -- or just kindly refrain from making any. I'm not asking you to reverse your position on the issue of color-filling receivers or zombie guns. What I am asking is that you educate and/or encourage, rather than simply blow the OP's face off for his equipment and configuration choices.

OP: if you haven't picked up on this already, this particular topic is probably much better-suited to some of the other AR-centric sites than it is to this one. Given M4C's more professional focus, a lot of our more knowledgeable and experienced members are going to find this topic a bit on the silly side. Or worse.

AC

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by 6933; 03-25-12 at 19:50. Reason: To comply w/AC's instructions.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    No offense but why would you want to make a (presumably) fighting rifle look like a Nerf/Airsoft gun? Seems childish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast