Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: How many platforms do you have?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    As much as I'd like to collect guns I don't have the budget for it so the guns I keep have to work for me. If something doesn't function the way it should or I don't feel comfortable with it, it gets sent packing. I've owned several different platforms over the years but I'm down to just a couple now. My favorite platform is still the 1911, with the Commander model being my favorite. I keep a j-frame revolver for miscellaneous ccw purposes. I recently bought a M&P9c to potentially take over my EDC duty from my 1911's. I've been impressed so far. Including guns that wandered into the house because of a good deal that need sold I went from 0 M&P's two months ago to 4 M&P's

Feedback Score
    If one has the means to purchase another gun(s) just because they want to shoot a 1911 in addition to __?___, so be it. For many its a hobby. They want to go from .22 to .38 to .45 just for the fun of it.
    I just have a basic Glock 19 for EDC, but its fun to play with an XD or Walther, M&P, whatever, if given the chance. Some people have 4 or 5 tennis rackets, 3 or sets of golf clubs etc, if you have the funds enjoy your your hobby !

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drsal View Post
    If one has the means to purchase another gun(s) just because they want to shoot a 1911 in addition to __?___, so be it. For many its a hobby. They want to go from .22 to .38 to .45 just for the fun of it.
    I just have a basic Glock 19 for EDC, but its fun to play with an XD or Walther, M&P, whatever, if given the chance. Some people have 4 or 5 tennis rackets, 3 or sets of golf clubs etc, if you have the funds enjoy your your hobby !
    Exactly...if you can afford it, and you enjoy it...buy it! You only live once.

Feedback Score
    There are other guns besides Glock....Weird

Feedback Score
    I should add, i have a 23 and 26 for carry, and 17. I have owned a TON of platforms. But i enjoy guns that make shoot projectiles every single time i pull the trigger. I hate screwing with a gun to make it work. I've had all the kel-tecs, several 1911's, a trashcan full of Taurus', a couple XD's, a few Rugers...got rid of all of them. The Glock is just perfect for me. It always works, and god forbid i have to use it to defend myself or a loved one, i could care less if my $500 investments never get back to me from a lab/prosecutor/whoever wants to strip it down and try to figure out why i would want to defend my life or someone else's with a gun, and try to figure out if it's anything other than factory original.

My carry units the 26, and the 23 are bone stock other than Triji's, my 17 is becoming a race gun for USPSA.

If i ever had to use my 26 or 23...i can get another one. I would cry if i had to turn over a $2000 Wilson Combat 1911 to the authorities for examination.

Feedback Score
    One handgun platform. The trigger is similar to my long gun which is a plus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Experimenting right now with M&P and Caracal, alongside my normal Glocks.

Still all basically the same trigger system, striker fired with no manual safety.

Feedback Score

platform

In my mind a platform is a rifle,a semi auto, or revolver. My rifle is a AR 15 Carbine, a 44 Mag lever gun, M1 carbine. My semi auto in a 1911. and my wheel guns are 357, and 38+p. I shot for fun and proficiency. Proficiency is the ability to pick up any of your platform weapons and the muscle memory is there for you to shot it well enough to stop a threat. Keep each weapon basic, when you add bells and whistles you add complications to shooting other weapons on your gun stable. When the excrement hit the oscillating wind machine each weapon will be a back up to your primary.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A platform is actually something the weapon is mounted on/shot from. An aircraft is a weapon's platform or a vehicle or waterborne craft. A deer stand is a platform.

The shooter is the platform when it comes to handheld weaponry. In this photo I am the platform- with a very cool hat, I might add

and to make up for the previous photo, here is one of a sexy weapon's platform- although the hat is not quite as cool
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Hmmm how do you follow that picture

I wanted to be a 1 pistol, 1 rifle (AR), 1 shotgun kind of guy however I will be issued a G19 at work soon so I guess I have to be a 2 pistol kind of guy now. Who know maybe I will like the Glock better than my M&P and well.... become that 1 pistol guy after all!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789